** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

20 minutes ago, Landlord said:

lol i wish i had some of the completely baseless optimism and belief in how good we supposedly are that some of y'all do. 

colorado beat us last year, had a better record than us last year, and looked WAY better than we did in week 1 against an opponent that was probably a decent amount better than ours was.

Did they look way better getting outgained 505 to 475?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

lol i wish i had some of the completely baseless optimism and belief in how good we supposedly are that some of y'all do. 

colorado beat us last year, had a better record than us last year, and looked WAY better than we did in week 1 against an opponent that was probably a decent amount better than ours was.

While I agree on the overly optimistic part about our team,  you obviously don’t realize how bad CSU really is. 

58 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Did they look way better getting outgained 505 to 475?

What the hell does that matter? They won by three scores. 

You won't believe this one either, but in their second game of the season last year they got outgained 565 to 395. They won that one too.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
Just now, 3rd and long said:

While I agree on the overly optimistic part about our team,  you obviously don’t realize how bad CSU really is. 

You don't think, generally speaking, a 3-9 Mountain West team with 7-10 win seasons several years prior/recently is better than a 3-9 Sun Belt team who hasn't had a winning season in 8 years?

3 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You won't believe this one either, but in their second game of the season last year they got outgained 565 to 395. They won that one too.

As it turns out, turnover margin is kind of important.  They are +7 in those two games.

• Plus1 4
Just now, Landlord said:

You don't think, generally speaking, a 3-9 Mountain West team with 7-10 win seasons several years prior/recently is better than a 3-9 Sun Belt team who hasn't had a winning season in 8 years?

I personally don’t put any stock in what happened several years prior. I don’t see it as being relevant to this year. 

Im also not saying South Alabama is any good like many say every year when we play down to an opponents level. Which I think we did again. I’m just of the opinion that CSU is very poor (mainly based on what I’m hearing here locally around Fort Collins, and also what I saw Friday night). However, I’m terribly afraid of what Shenault (sp) is going to do to us. S Alabama had receivers running open frequently last night....the CU receivers won’t drop all those balls. 

• Plus1 1
25 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I'll let you in on a little industry secret. Getting outplayed isn't a very good way to win a football game. It's possible, but the furthest thing from ideal.

1 hour ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Yes because they had more points on the board when the clock read 00:00

So did we?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, 3rd and long said:

I personally don’t put any stock in what happened several years prior. I don’t see it as being relevant to this year. 

Im also not saying South Alabama is any good like many say every year when we play down to an opponents level. Which I think we did again. I’m just of the opinion that CSU is very poor (mainly based on what I’m hearing here locally around Fort Collins, and also what I saw Friday night). However, I’m terribly afraid of what Shenault (sp) is going to do to us. S Alabama had receivers running open frequently last night....the CU receivers won’t drop all those balls.

Funny, because I live in that area also, watched the whole CSU/CU game, and I am not hearing the same things.  CSU did mostly whatever they wanted on offense, but simply turned the ball over 4 times.  That is exactly what Nebraska did against Colorado last year and I don't think any of us felt NU was severly outplayed/very poor.

Now Shenault is a large concern, but he will be doubled all game.  CSU held him to 3 receptions for 48 yards and 1 score.  We'd take that all day.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Funny, because I live in that area also, watched the whole CSU/CU game, and I am not hearing the same things.  CSU did mostly whatever they wanted on offense, but simply turned the ball over 4 times.  That is exactly what Nebraska did against Colorado last year and I don't think any of us felt NU was severly outplayed/very poor.

Now Shenault is a large concern, but he will be doubled all game.  CSU held him to 3 receptions for 48 yards and 1 score.  We'd take that all day.

Well I certainly hope you’re right and I’m wrong. 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, runningblind said:

I don’t recall Chinander ever doing that much. I’d like to see him take a more tactical approach like that, but I’m guessing we won’t see it.