** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

I live in Windsor, CO. It’s a town of about 24k off the east side of the interstate just south of Fort Collins and due west of Greeley. Last night I stopped to get Mexican food and there were 4 cars with NEB plates in the parking lot. As I walked in, there was a couple from Beatrice standing in line to pick up their order for carry out. I was doing the same. I asked if they had family in town and they said “No, it’s the first place we called that didn’t have a 2 hour wait and could keep up with pickup orders.” They also said there were so many cars on I-76 heading south with Nebraska plates that they were convinced we just created another “home game”.  Gents, we’re 50 minutes from Boulder. I personally haven’t seen an event that’s caused folks to come out our way due to an influx of people.

The estimate I read said 10k fans got tickets. I wouldn’t be surprised if we hit the 25k mark in the stadium today. There are posts all over Twitter of Huskers fans overrunning bars from Denver to Fort Collins.

Ticket prices are also falling because CU fans “don’t want to deal with Huskers fans” according to the guy who sold my buddy tickets online last night. 

This is going to be awesome!

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I didn’t mean the flat tire. I mean it being Ralphie. They haven’t replied saying it was a joke so maybe it wasn’t but this doesn’t really say either way.

Must be a guided missle Ralphie - even with the Husker invasion, I wager that less than 10% of the cars are Husker fans.  Very little chance that it was aimed at a Cornhusker