** 2019 Opponent Previews : Colorado (Game 2) **

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

The main pain point in that game last season was probably our safeties more than our corners IMO. Especially Reed. Thing is, I don't necessarily feel much more confident about who plugs in for Reed/Williams.

But I actually feel pretty solid on Bootle & Jackson.

I never felt Neal, Reed, or A. Williams were any good. D. Williams is for sure an upgrade, but the other spot is a question mark as of now. 

11 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I never felt Neal, Reed, or A. Williams were any good. D. Williams is for sure an upgrade, but the other spot is a question mark as of now. 

I think you're right about Deontai, yes. More than anything the guys just need good coaching and to feel the confidence before the snap that they'll be able to know where to be on the field.

13 hours ago, LAblackshirt said:

I would love it to see a blowout. I hope I'm wrong but I think this will be tougher game than many think. Shenault will be the best skill player we play all year, and Montes can get the ball to him as he proved last year. Montes is a gamer. Mel has a great Defensive mind, and the cupboard isn't bare. 

I think we may win, but close game. 35-28. 

He is good, but he is NOT the best skill player we'll see all year.  That would be Rondale Moore.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

He is good, but he is NOT the best skill player we'll see all year.  That would be Rondale Moore.

It's closer than you think. Numbers aren't everything, but:

Shenault: 8.4 catches per game, 112.3 ypg, 11.8 ypc, 11 total touchdowns. 115 rushing yards, 6.8 ypc.

Moore: 8.8 catches per game, 96.8 ypg, 11.0 ypc, 14 total touchdowns. 213 rushing yards, 10.9 ypc.

Shenault played 9 games and Moore played 13 which is most of the difference in their numbers. If they played the same number of games, Moore only wins in catches (barely) and yards per carry (significantly) - but neither ran the ball very often. Moore adds returns as well, but honestly he was not a good returner last year. 20.1 yards per kick return and 6.8 per punt return, no touchdowns. Moore is absolutely a more exciting player to watch, has more highlight-reel plays, and gets bonus points for playing B1G defenses instead of Pac-12, but there are arguments for Shenault here.

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, GSG said:

The question Mel Tucker should asking in-state recruits who favor Lincoln over Boulder

That article is hilarious - supposed to be pointing out the lack of reasons to go to Nebraska, and says nothing about the football program. Kids are picking a football program, not a vacation destination. Also love this gem: "Also Callier played through the whistle, not after it." Both not true (he clearly keeps going after the whistle), and the issue was that it was cheap, not that it was late. It was dirty whether the whistle had blown or not.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

22 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

It's closer than you think. Numbers aren't everything, but:

Shenault: 8.4 catches per game, 112.3 ypg, 11.8 ypc, 11 total touchdowns. 115 rushing yards, 6.8 ypc.

Moore: 8.8 catches per game, 96.8 ypg, 11.0 ypc, 14 total touchdowns. 213 rushing yards, 10.9 ypc.

Shenault played 9 games and Moore played 13 which is most of the difference in their numbers. If they played the same number of games, Moore only wins in catches (barely) and yards per carry (significantly) - but neither ran the ball very often. Moore adds returns as well, but honestly he was not a good returner last year. 20.1 yards per kick return and 6.8 per punt return, no touchdowns. Moore is absolutely a more exciting player to watch, has more highlight-reel plays, and gets bonus points for playing B1G defenses instead of Pac-12, but there are arguments for Shenault here.

Ok.  Moore was an All-American AS A TRUE FRESHMEN and absolutely TORCHED Ohio State.  It took him a little bit to get going because he played high school the season before, but he had more receptions than any player in the country and totaled 1500 yards from scrimmage and 14 TD as an 18 year old.

Everyone has their opinion.  I take Moore 10 times out of 10 over Shenault, and I'd take Jonathon Taylor over Shenault as well.

• Haha 1