A rather clear-eyed view of the 2019 Cornhuskers by the Cedar Rapids, IA Gazette

7 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Wasn't that more to do with keeping Randy Shannon instead of an indictment against Chin? 

Not that I was told. I am all for Frost wanting to be the alpha male, having people he trusts, and not having someone else fully dictate. I will give Chin time - he inherited a bad defense. But I better see a little turn around this year and then a solid defense for 2020. I'm aware that we will not have a top 10 defense if he stays here, we don't have to, just need it to be good enough. 

12 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Not that I was told. I am all for Frost wanting to be the alpha male, having people he trusts, and not having someone else fully dictate. I will give Chin time - he inherited a bad defense. But I better see a little turn around this year and then a solid defense for 2020. I'm aware that we will not have a top 10 defense if he stays here, we don't have to, just need it to be good enough. 

It’s possible he doesn’t have *IT*. It’s also possible that since this is his 4th year as a DC he hasn’t quite found *IT* yet. Hoping it’s the latter. 

Things were so bad they can only go up...right ? 

If Frosts offense can gain so much, I’d expect a rise in defense too, if not now eventually. But it better be soon. 

How much more can frost squeeze out of the offense, which was BORING and TERRIBLE for a few years? I’d expect the best is yet to come, but the B1G DC’s are good too so it will even out eventually. 

I dont quite have the same feeling for our defense unless we get an Adrian Martinez on defense type guy or two that the offense did. I think we got some damn fine players coming in and ones who will show much improvement. That’s all I ask for on defense in year two.  

Chin  will be better and so will the defense overall. I hope. 

15 hours ago, Moiraine said:

It’s possible he doesn’t have *IT*. It’s also possible that since this is his 4th year as a DC he hasn’t quite found *IT* yet. Hoping it’s the latter. 

He has been playing with other people’s toys to this point. 

One of of the things about this defense that is very advantageous is how the calls are made on the field. Gives the defense the kind of communicative flexibility an offense enjoys. The downside, especially at the collegiate level, is it takes on field experience to make those calls. 

It'll say a lot to me, one way or the other, when he gets upperclassmen brought in specifically for what he wants. Until then, I’m curious how he adapts to other people’s toys.

On 7/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, cheekygeek said:

"Nobody with extremely short attention spans reads your posts because they are too long."

Fixed that for you. Also thanks for speaking for EVERYONE on this forum, godlike one.

(Clearly applies to all who upvoted your comment, and those that roll eyes on this one.)
Shoot... I'm the Poster Boy for Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder and I even I can read a longer post.

It's not that his posts are too long... they're too long without any meaningful content which makes reading it a complete waste of time

• Plus1 2