Rhonda Revelle suspended pending review

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Whoa! This is the first time I'm hearing that.

From the Yori thread.  The first few items are basically carbon copied above.  But the last one is what you're looking for.

On 4/5/2016 at 11:42 AM, Mavric said:

Nebraska women’s basketball coach Connie Yori has resigned after a two-month long investigation by the Nebraska athletic department into allegations Yori mistreated players and fostered a negative, dysfunctional culture, multiple sources confirmed to the Journal Star.

Nebraska athletic director Shawn Eichorst, in a statement to the Journal Star on Tuesday, confirmed Yori is no longer Nebraska’s coach, ending her 14-year tenure as the most successful coach in program history.

A source with knowledge of the situation, speaking on condition of anonymity, told the Journal Star more than 10 players from the 2015-16 team, along with some support staff members, approached Nebraska athletic department administrators in early February with concerns about Yori’s treatment of players.

The athletic department immediately addressed those concerns and began an extensive investigation and review that included having an administrator present at every practice.

"We are aware of allegations involving our women’s basketball program and since it is an employee personnel matter and involves our student’s privacy, we cannot provide details," Eichorst told the Journal Star in an exclusive.

On 4/5/2016 at 12:45 PM, Mavric said:

I'm guessing it wasn't voluntary but ....

On 4/5/2016 at 1:43 PM, Mavric said:

On 4/5/2016 at 9:44 PM, Mavric said:

LJS

On 4/6/2016 at 8:33 AM, Bowfin said:

KFAB /Lincoln Journal Star said Yori was asking staff to lie about her whereabouts in order to make her look better in her custody battle for her son.

By any standards, that would do her in...

• 3 weeks later...

On 8/2/2019 at 9:41 PM, teachercd said:

No one cares about softball at NU but this is wrong.  To keep someone twisting in the wind this long is stupid.  

Do you know that this is what is happening?  Would you prefer a quick verdict - similar to what the media does?

• Plus1 1
23 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Do you know that this is what is happening?  Would you prefer a quick verdict - similar to what the media does?

No, ideally this would not be public (there is no reason for it to be) and she could have a normal situation like pretty much everyone else.

I don't give a rats behind that she is on leave...I just hate that it is public.  I think that sucks first...secondly I think it sucks that it is taking so long.

• Plus1 1
On 8/2/2019 at 10:41 PM, teachercd said:

No one cares about softball at NU but this is wrong.  To keep someone twisting in the wind this long is stupid.  

Well, it's only been a month. A thorough investigation doesn't happen overnight. And especially at a university, investigations during the summer months are compromised by availability of witnesses. Due process for all sides requires a reasonable amount of time.

13 hours ago, teachercd said:

No, ideally this would not be public (there is no reason for it to be) and she could have a normal situation like pretty much everyone else.

I don't give a rats behind that she is on leave...I just hate that it is public.  I think that sucks first...secondly I think it sucks that it is taking so long.

Yeah, it sucks that it is public. That sort of thing generates all sorts of outcry that can compromise an investigation. For example, all of the coaches at other universities throwing their support behind her are dumb and irrelevant. If it is an investigation about player mistreatment, the coaches at Stanford and MSU don't have a fricking clue what is going on behind closed doors at Nebraska.  

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

giphy.gif

Reporting that she's been suspended and trying to ascertain details does not equate reaching a verdict, especially when the same media is reaching out to colleagues and obtaining quotations of support for her stewardship of the program. 

2 hours ago, Ulty said:

Yeah, it sucks that it is public. That sort of thing generates all sorts of outcry that can compromise an investigation. For example, all of the coaches at other universities throwing their support behind her are dumb and irrelevant. If it is an investigation about player mistreatment, the coaches at Stanford and MSU don't have a fricking clue what is going on behind closed doors at Nebraska.  

True, but reaching out for quotations from colleagues is attempting to establish a character history to illustrate to the reader why this suspension and investigation seemingly came out of left field. No, they don't know what current state is, but through their dealings, they know what past state was.

---

Here's hoping that Moos can come to an informed conclusion about this situation and we can move on--regardless if that means reinstating the coach or Moos making his--what--10th hire of his tenure. 

• 3 weeks later...