Huskerboard Fantasy Football 2019

Fantasy Football  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I would 100% support an Auction draft.

Only thing that ruins them is if people dont show up for the draft.

I definitely agree that we'd need to try to find a time that works for everyone.  But I think you can still auto-pick in an Auction draft, can't you?

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I definitely agree that we'd need to try to find a time that works for everyone.  But I think you can still auto-pick in an Auction draft, can't you? 

It autobids for you on certain players but you usually wind up with a pretty lopsided team (for example, 3 QB squads are common).

It kind of screws up the chances of other teams getting legitimate bargains because it seems like the autodraft drives the price up pretty high on most players.

3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

It autobids for you on certain players but you usually wind up with a pretty lopsided team (for example, 3 QB squads are common).

It kind of screws up the chances of other teams getting legitimate bargains because it seems like the autodraft drives the price up pretty high on most players.

Basically people get smart and someone ends up with 3 pretty good WR's but crush all their money. One year we had the auto thing draft the guy 4 WR and 3 TE's in his first 7 picks.

Served the guy right. 

4 hours ago, wiuhusker said:

I could pitch in $10 for the league this year. Not against an auction draft but have never done one. Just as long as I end up with Mahomes we can do whatever. 

That's the best part of an auction draft - if you want a certain player, you can get them.  If you have the 14th pick in a snake draft, you've arbitrarily been eliminated from any chance at a bunch of the top players.  In an auction draft, everyone has a chance at every player.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HuskermanMike said:

So when are we doing the draft? 

@Mavric

@The Murphinator

I'll throw out a few dates.  Let me know which ones work or don't work.  We'll figure out a time after we pick a date but I assume late evening.

Thursday, August 22nd

Sunday, August 25th

Monday, August 26th

Tuesday, August 27th

Wednesday, August 28th

Thursday, August 29th

Tuesday, September 3rd

Wednesday, September 4th

40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'll throw out a few dates.  Let me know which ones work or don't work.  We'll figure out a time after we pick a date but I assume late evening.

Thursday, August 22nd

Sunday, August 25th

Monday, August 26th

Tuesday, August 27th

Wednesday, August 28th

Thursday, August 29th

Tuesday, September 3rd

Wednesday, September 4th

Any of them work for me. August 29th looks good to me