Which 'What If' Would Have Caused the Biggest Change?

Just now, bugeater17 said:

Its got to be #4. If we win the Big 12 title we likely win another National Championship. If that occurs, then #3 doesn't happen when it did and the course of history for the 2000s is changed. 

??? Frank was fired many years before 2009. ???

• Plus1 1

2 and 5

CC would have dominated in CFB

TM not hurt...was unstoppable.  He will eventually get the praise he has rightfully earned because the dork crowd that loved to make fun of his arm motion (even though he completed like 64% of his passes) and the super dorks that made fun of his interviews (from the basement of their grandmas house) will find someone new to pick on. 

• Plus1 5

#4 by a landslide

If we won the title in 2009, Nebraska never leaves the Big 12.  Nebraska never leaving the Big 12 means Bo's defense still looks solid against pass happy spread teams in 2010 and on.  Bo Pelini could still be our coach in 2019, maybe even with a conference title win or two more.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

#4 by a landslide

If we won the title in 2009, Nebraska never leaves the Big 12.  Nebraska never leaving the Big 12 means Bo's defense still looks solid against pass happy spread teams in 2010 and on.  Bo Pelini could still be our coach in 2019, maybe even with a conference title win or two more.

I think we still leave the Big 12 even if we win in 2009.  The writing was on the wall with how Texas and OU were scheming behind the scenes.  That would not have been any different had we won.

For me, it's clearly the firing of Frank.  If that doesn't happen, we don't hire Callahan.  If we don't hire Callahan, the crappy, lazy, pro mentality isn't instilled into the program that has taken a very long time to get out.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

gotta be #4

we miss out on Callahan, which was the largest culture shift I have ever seen with regards to the Huskers...literally everything after has been trying to get back to stasis

edit: mis read the list...obviously (from my reply above) I meant not fire Frank

Edited by DevoHusker
shown to be a mistake
  • Plus1 1