Which 'What If' Would Have Caused the Biggest Change?

47 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I would take 9-3 back in a heartbeat.

I speak pretty confidently that most here would also. The problem that has happened in the past is when that feels like the ceiling. When all you can compete with are lesser teams, that’s exactly what happens.

One of the many things that makes Frost the right hire is he understands and appreciates the high standard at Nebraska. He’s not fighting against it but rather using it as part of the formula. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

So the last few comments lead to: 

if we’d actually win a conference title  and not gotten totally robbed by :01 or the aTm penalty debacle...9-10 wins woulda been great. 

All we lacked from 08-14 was a conference championship, and damn we were close a couple times. 

How about the ‘what if’ into the future?? What if Frost wins the West 3 or the next 5 and continues that ratio  beyond....what if Frost and his system are exactly what the gods ordered? What if we’re back and we don’t even know it yet? 

7 hours ago, I am I said:

How about the ‘what if’ into the future?? What if Frost wins the West 3 or the next 5 and continues that ratio  beyond....what if Frost and his system are exactly what the gods ordered? What if we’re back and we don’t even know it yet? 

We mail him our dirty undies?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/19/2019 at 6:32 PM, Moiraine said:

Yep. But they were desperate. We weren't so we might not have considered him.

On 7/19/2019 at 6:41 PM, Landlord said:

But OU was terrible at the time. 

Ok, are you two twins or something??  You got the same avatar, the same response within minutes of each other.  I think you both are trying to gang tackle me:D

Point taken - yes NU didn't need a untested assistant coach,  we just hired our own known assistant coach to be the HC as Tom was the known assistant coach 25 years prior.  It worked then and lightning can strike the same place twice.   Maybe if Frank had won that NC in 1999 things may have transpired differently and he gets better recruits, etc.  With better recruits he may have  hung wt Miami in 2001 -  ifs and buts  

On 7/20/2019 at 10:15 AM, Jeremy said:

No one wants to step into that atmosphere, unless they're a disgraced NFL washout that called his team the 'dumbest in America,' or a guy that had been coaching 30 years and never won his own conference. Ugh.

It is amazing when one stops to think about it, that a program wt the tradition and pedigree that we had since the 1960s would ever stoop to hire such people.  This is a failure at the very top, not just the AD spot.  The top administrators had a lack of vision and more importantly they failed to fulfill the fiduciary responsibility of protecting the huge investment that was made into the program.   But it another way, if NU was a hospital, the coaches and AD  should be tried for medical malpractice and the top administrators for malfeasance.  Or put another way, if they were a care  giver, they should be charged for criminal neglect.   

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Ok, are you two twins or something??  You got the same avatar,

That's not their avatar, it's the user rank icon, which the board assigns to them. The current setup is really confusing, though. I often do a double take on that.