Craziest Husker related football story you have heard?

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

One of the funniest rumors from when I was in school was why Jason Peter didn’t travel to the Kansas State game in Manhattan in 1994. He supposedly had a “groin injury” from microwaving a piece of liver and using it to masturbate. He proceeded to burn his member and couldn’t play that week. 

Yep!  I was going to bring this up.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Lightfighter214 said:

The daughter in law of the booster that Carl slept with basically told Tom and Harvey that carl was going, or his money was.  They told bo and bo freaked out.  Bo stormed to a certain downtown steakhouse when he heard the booster was there. But the booster was at the havelock location and Bo had to be restrained  in the back of the restuarnt. 

I know im a random internet guy, but this one i know to be true.

Yes!  A new one to add to the list!

• Plus1 3

The story that I heard about Terrell Farley getting popped for his 2nd DUI during the 1996 season was that when the cops pulled him over and that Farley stopped his car and just took off running. The cops knew they wouldn’t be able to catch him, so they didn’t even give chase. But they knew it was him, so later that night they went to his house and arrested him. 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The story that I heard about Terrell Farley getting popped for his 2nd DUI during the 1996 season was that when the cops pulled him over and that Farley stopped his car and just took off running. The cops knew they wouldn’t be able to catch him, so they didn’t even give chase. But they knew it was him, so later that night they went to his house and arrested him. 

Never heard that one...

I have always heard that "now" the LPD can't wait to bust football players where "back in the day" they would always let them off...I don't know when "back in the day" was but that is what I have been told.

This isn’t a rumor, but I thought this was pretty funny when I was at UNL. I worked with this girl who was dating Adam Julch (offensive tackle, 1995-99). During that time, the players would always wear white hats with their numbers on the front in big, red font. This girl would always say that she would get heckled by fans when she would go to games wearing the hat with Adam’s number.

Does anyone remember what number Adam wore for the Huskers?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Never heard that one...

I have always heard that "now" the LPD can't wait to bust football players where "back in the day" they would always let them off...I don't know when "back in the day" was but that is what I have been told.

When they were winning 10+ games a year....

.. 9 wins gets you arrested 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Never heard that one...

I think when NU was awesome, the Lincoln and campus police were best friends with the coaches and players. Since, NU has been pretty mediocre the past 20 years, the cops have been out to get the players.