Craziest Husker related football story you have heard?

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have always heard that "now" the LPD can't wait to bust football players where "back in the day" they would always let them off...I don't know when "back in the day" was but that is what I have been told.

Back in the day is whenever the team is winning and doesn't suck :lol:

• Plus1 1

My ex mother in law, her best friend worked within the Athletic department  during the 90’s and she was in charge of the flights, hotels, etc. Her friend told me that she had to pick up Christian Peter from a Miami jail a day or two before the National Title game against Miami. 

She also told me that she would smoke cigars with Devaney all the time. 

13 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Remember Scotty Baldwin?  His story got overshadowed by Phillips and others, but that was when cops looked the other way a LOT.  There were lots of issues in the 90's.

Is he the guy the guy that beat up a woman on a sidewalk during a psychotic episode? Wasn’t he buck naked too? 

22 hours ago, teachercd said:

The rumor has always been day of the game, I have never once heard night before. 

If the team stayed the night there, he'd be there the next morning/day without having to be "seen" going in or out except for when he leaves with the team.

12 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If the team stayed the night there, he'd be there the next morning/day without having to be "seen" going in or out except for when he leaves with the team.

Agreed.  I am just saying that I have never heard that version of it.

This is from the story in the paper

Two months later came a more serious incident. On Oct. 16, 2010, the morning of Nebraska’s showdown with Texas, Pelini contacted a Husker fan and summoned him to the basement of the team hotel. This man supported the program, but he’d also shared inside information on a message board. Pelini confronted him as the team waited outside on the bus.

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/football/scott-frost-has-proven-he-can-win-but-there-s/article_bc295fe8-e6a2-11e7-aeea-fb7740acbbed.html

50 minutes ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Anyone hear anything about Bo berating some umps at his son’s little league game?

Bo berating umps?   no way that could have happened.   i would believe he berated the refs/umps/etc at anything his kids ever did.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, OH HSKR FAN said:

Anyone hear anything about Bo berating some umps at his son’s little league game?

Oh yeah...in fact he was even "kicked out" by the refs/umps...again it happened to be one of those days where not a single other person had a cell phone with them.

Some good ones mentioned here

http://dirtylaundryblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/husker-urban-legends.html?m=1

And here

http://dirtylaundryblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/husker-urban-legends-speculation.html?m=1

Some interesting ones 

- Tommie and Sapp’s exchange in the 94 Orange Bowl. 

- LP benched the first half of the 94 Orange Bowl for telling TO to F off

- The abuse of Chad May

- Pederson firing Frank via note under the door

- Irving Fryar deliberately dropping a pass in the 84 Orange Bowl (never heard that one before)

• Plus1 1