Craziest Husker related football story you have heard?

On 7/13/2019 at 6:44 PM, NM11046 said:

" This.  I can't speak to his drinking to excess in Lincoln, but I do know the DUI in Ohio is real.  I think he got divorced shortly before or after.

Fun fact - I actually used to serve Frank & his wife on many Sunday nights at the Misty's on 56th & Hwy 2 (which is gone I think).  He always had one Miller Lite draft and no more with his dinner and they'd sit up in an area by the bar that was typically closed down on weeknights.  He was a very fair tipper, and I looked forward to them coming in, Sunday's were slow.

Did Frankie not take a young lady to Ohio with him?

16 minutes ago, GSG said:

I think that's about 7:35 in this video

Nice, I was just trying to find it in that video. You can see him looking at our defense yelling "motherf*****"

12 minutes ago, skers83 said:

I'm guessing it was accidental. Christian didn't seem like that type.

Agreed.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Moiraine said:

Nice, I was just trying to find it in that video. You can see him looking at our defense yelling "motherf*****"

If you go to 19:46, it's the last play of the game and he gets sacked again and Peter is on top of him and May starts flailing around like fish out of water :lol:

• Plus1 2
On 7/13/2019 at 10:41 AM, Moiraine said:

The reason the Bo hotel story is believable is because it’s not something that is beneath Bo Pelini to do. That’s probably the best type of rumor. Something you can see the person actually doing but is slightly crazier than normal. 

Even though I don’t believe it... I’m only like 60% sure it didn’t happen.

What do you mean beneath Bo to do? Jfc

• Haha 1

On 7/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, teachercd said:

Oh yeah...in fact he was even "kicked out" by the refs/umps...again it happened to be one of those days where not a single other person had a cell phone with them.

Cell phone comment is really on point with all these stories. It is hilarious what people just want to believe about people they don't like. 

25 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

What do you mean beneath Bo to do? Jfc

Go look in the mirror. When you come back, tell me, do any of these people look familiar?

4f3c918a07c8a.image.jpg?resize=400,283

bo-pelini.png?w=610&h=343&crop=1

<<pretend this is a photo of Carl's kids>>

If you didn't see any of the above people in the mirror, it should be intuitively obvious to you why it's not beneath Bo to go harass a booster at a hotel before a game who he thinks has slighted him. It sounds exactly like something he would do based on all of the other data. That's why it's a rumor that's not hard for people to believe.

As far as the cell phone point, it's a good one. But it doesn't mean it isn't the type of thing Bo is capable of. Again, that's why it makes for a good rumor.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, KingBlank said:

Cell phone comment is really on point with all these stories. It is hilarious what people just want to believe about people they don't like. 

I just try using common sense with this stuff...so Bo is at a baseball (basketball game?) for his kid...

There is a "bad call" and bo starts to lose it...

He gets so out of control that he is kicked out of the gym/field by the ref/ump...and no one filmed that s#!t???

I mean...when Joe Smith the dad of Tim Smith does that...it ends up on Twitter in 15 seconds...but when Bo Pelini does it NO ONE filmed it?

Just like Moos is sprawled out drunk at Lincoln bars and no one filmed it?  Come on.

• Plus1 1
On 7/13/2019 at 7:29 AM, teachercd said:

The FUSP was allegedly something that Mary Pat Pelini wrote on her gloves/mittens after Bo did not get the job the first time.  The rumor is she wore those gloves at the bowl game (I think) and of course EVERYONE saw it...but there is no picture that I know of.  f#&% You Steve Pederson.  I don't believe this story BUT it is one that is believable.  

Well, this is one (ok, it's a really silly one) where there's a good chance no one had a camera, since it was back in ancient times when hardly anyone had cameras on their phones.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He was arrested at his girlfriends place, which was my neighbor at the time!  And yes, I was home the night they arrested him.  

MIllenials be like "Dude, why didn't you pull out your cell phone and take a vid?"

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Widespread legitimate cameras on phones weren't really a thing in culture before probably 2010. 

Even now, lots of things happen all the time that nobody films. That's generally not people's first instinct. 

www.twitter.com

It is a new site and has lots of stuff that people film while out at places.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

www.twitter.com

It is a new site and has lots of stuff that people film while out at places.

People get hurt/murdered in public places without anyone getting it on film. The fact people film mundane crap no one really wants to see doesn't mean everything is captured.

Although I still think Bo blowing up at a baseball game probably would've been filmed by someone depending on what year that was.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 3