Craziest Husker related football story you have heard?

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

People get hurt/murdered in public places without anyone getting it on film. The fact people film mundane crap no one really wants to see doesn't mean everything is captured.

Although I still think Bo blowing up at a baseball game probably would've been filmed by someone depending on what year that was.

Yep

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

People get hurt/murdered in public places without anyone getting it on film. The fact people film mundane crap no one really wants to see doesn't mean everything is captured.

Yes and no.  Lots of things happen unexpectedly and quickly, so yes, this is true.  The most recognizable guy in the state losing his mind in public in an altercation that (likely) lasted at least several minutes?  Seems less likely to be missed.

On an only-slightly-related note, I've had the same line of thinking about bigfoot, alien encounters and the Loch Ness Monster (etc.).  Given the proliferation of cell phone cameras, shouldn't we have all kinds of video evidence on these things by now?  :lol:

• Plus1 3
5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

On an only-slightly-related note, I've had the same line of thinking about bigfoot, alien encounters and the Loch Ness Monster (etc.).  Given the proliferation of cell phone cameras, shouldn't we have all kinds of video evidence on these things by now?  :lol:

bigfoot lives in areas with limited cell service so everyone turns their phone off to conserve the battery. aliens can do funny stuff to make electronics inoperable. no idea why nobody has gotten video of nessy.

as for chad may, in interviews after the game he was going on and on about how dirty nebraska was. and he probably still whines about them being dirty to this day.

21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes and no.  Lots of things happen unexpectedly and quickly, so yes, this is true.  The most recognizable guy in the state losing his mind in public in an altercation that (likely) lasted at least several minutes?  Seems less likely to be missed.

Ya, I said that in the post. Just disagreeing with the point that everything is captured now.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I have yet to see/hear any proof that there were any signs/chants of 'Sal is dead, go big red'

I maintain this was fabricated by buffs fans to besmirch the Husker fanbase. 

The weirdest thing about this is that Sal Aunese was 100% ineffective against Nebraska. Husker fans would have no reason to gloat at his demise.

This allegedly happened in 1990. Aunese hadn't been their starting quarterback in the two previous years, and Colorado had only beaten us once during Aunese's career - and that was with Darian Hagan at QB.

When Aunese started against Nebraska in 1988 he went 1-11 for 43 yards and no TDs. Nebraska beat Colorado 7-0 in that game. He's not someone Nebraska fans would care about. That's Eric Bienemy or Darian Hagan - those guys did all the damage to us those few years.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The weirdest thing about this is that Sal Aunese was 100% ineffective against Nebraska. Husker fans would have no reason to gloat at his demise.

This allegedly happened in 1990. Aunese hadn't been their starting quarterback in the two previous years, and Colorado had only beaten us once during Aunese's career - and that was with Darian Hagan at QB.

When Aunese started against Nebraska in 1988 he went 1-11 for 43 yards and no TDs. Nebraska beat Colorado 7-0 in that game. He's not someone Nebraska fans would care about. That's Eric Bienemy or Darian Hagan - those guys did all the damage to us those few years.

I was old enough to remember that time frame, and there were definitely signs and chants of "Sal is dead, GO BIG RED!"'

It's ok for NU fans to look ugly from time to time.  It's not a big deal.

19 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Frazier / Sapp story is cited here, and although it may just be reiterating an urban legend, it's told as if it happened.

Never heard that about LP. Not hard to believe, though.

Never heard that about Chad May. I would 100% believe it, though. The team did NOT like KSU in the 1990s. 

The Pederson thing... eh.

I've watched that play a lot, and Fryar does appear to deliberately drop the ball.

Thanks Knapp...

That clip is hard to watch. I remember jumping up and down shouting are you f*%$ing $h!tting me...!?!?

• Plus1 1
22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was old enough to remember that time frame, and there were definitely signs and chants of "Sal is dead, GO BIG RED!"'

I'm older than you. I never heard anything like this in the stadium, and I sat in the student section when this allegedly happened. It's also interesting how the story evolved. First it was a sign on an overpass on the Interstate. Then it was graffiti, not a sign. Then there was another one in Omaha. Then it was chanted in the stadium. Then it was on a hat.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I don't think that's relevant - I'd be pissed about opposing fans chanting something similar whether it was a star player or a walk-on who never played.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't disagree with that, some fans are way too obsessed with being "the best fans in college football." But to me the chants would absolutely be crossing a line.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't think that's relevant - I'd be pissed about opposing fans chanting something similar whether it was a star player or a walk-on who never played. 

It's relevant in that Aunese didn't register with our fans. The only way we knew he was a thing was that CU was using his illness/death as a rallying cry for the season.

Again, none of that means that the graffiti didn't happen, or that some jackwagon(s) in the stands chanted "Sal is dead, Go Big Red" during a CU game.

What's really weird is that, for a relatively tame incident or two, we're still talking about it 30 years later.

There's stuff 10x worse than this said at games throughout the country every weekend. Why is this still a thing?

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

Just wait until after September 20th!

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't disagree with that, some fans are way too obsessed with being "the best fans in college football." But to me the chants would absolutely be crossing a line.

Amen!

Our fans would rather believe that Bo beat up a booster the morning of a game in a hotel basement and that he freaked out on a little league ump and was kicked out of the game and field (no footage of course) than the fans being jerks sometimes.

• Plus1 2