Craziest Husker related football story you have heard?

33 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I still have a bag phone.  When my daughter started HS she asked for a phone and that's what I gave her.   She laughed and asked me if I was kidding.  I told her it was cheaper than an I-phone!

my old Motorola bag phone is still in a closet...that damn thing was the best iteration of cellular communication ever! There when you needed it, service in the middle of a black hole, and if you were not in the car...no one could reach you!

• Plus1 1
On 7/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, Cdog923 said:

I want to believe the Cornhusker Hotel story real badly, because that's entirely in character with Bo. I'm also a fan of the "Ritchie Incognito fought the entire baseball team at a house party" story. 

The TO Gun story goes something like this: Riley Washington apparently robbed someone at gunpoint, apparently it was Tyronne Williams, gave the gun to TO, and he "hid" it under the auspices of waiting to turn it over to the police. 

Given Ritchie's well documented history of violence and just being an All-American A-hole....I totally believe it. Loved the dudes intensity and miss it, but that guy is a couple bricks short of a load. My all-time favorite Incognito story (completely true) is where he wanted to cut off his dead father's head at a funeral home....jeezuz.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

46 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

The best way to find any evidence of Husker fans saying these things would be the Colorado 30 for 30. 

Is there evidence on that or is it Colorado players/coaches/fans talking about it?

I mean, you have film of Husker fans chanting stuff like that, that's pretty irrefutable. But if it's just CU-related people saying these things, I have no confidence in that.

• Plus1 1
23 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Frazier / Sapp story is cited here, and although it may just be reiterating an urban legend, it's told as if it happened.

Never heard that about LP. Not hard to believe, though.

Never heard that about Chad May. I would 100% believe it, though. The team did NOT like KSU in the 1990s. 

The Pederson thing... eh.

I've watched that play a lot, and Fryar does appear to deliberately drop the ball.

I have legitimately never seen that clip. That does look incredibly suspicious. 

42 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yep. Receivers don’t generally separate their hands and then let their arms flop down limp immediately after the ball hits their hands.

Particularly ones with the talent and skill to be the #1 overall pick. 

14 minutes ago, SFW said:

Points  per game it’s a fact that Diaco was better than Chinander...that is crazy bad Defense.

Diaco's D gave up 436 total points for a total of 36 points per game. Chins D gave up 375 for 31 points per game. And it's pretty much a consensus the D was better no matter how small than Diaco's. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, SFW said:

Points  per game it’s a fact that Diaco was better than Chinander...that is crazy bad Defense.

Opponent offenses scored less points per game in 2018 than 2017.

Even if they hadn’t, a defense that faces 15 more plays per game because their offense is fast is not necessarily worse even if they do allow more points. If you run a fast offense you’re choosing the risk of allowing more points just based on the simple fact that the defense tends to face more drives. 

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Diaco's D gave up 436 total points for a total of 36 points per game. Chins D gave up 375 for 31 points per game. And it's pretty much a consensus the D was better no matter how small than Diaco's. 

I even calculated it minus defensive scoring because I couldn’t figure out what he was on about and I got 33 in 2017 vs 29 in 2018. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is there evidence on that or is it Colorado players/coaches/fans talking about it?

I mean, you have film of Husker fans chanting stuff like that, that's pretty irrefutable. But if it's just CU-related people saying these things, I have no confidence in that.

I always forget...what is the first rule of holes?

Oh yeah...stop digging when you are in one.