teachercd

Craziest Husker related football story you have heard?

1 hour ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

He was arrested at his girlfriends place, which was my neighbor at the time!  And yes, I was home the night they arrested him.  

MIllenials be like "Dude, why didn't you pull out your cell phone and take a vid?"

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Back then. I had a flip phone.

Cell phone from 1984

image.jpeg.2f1d4b1b86b21b5c57d8bedbbb306191.jpeg

• Plus1 1

Widespread legitimate cameras on phones weren't really a thing in culture before probably 2010. 

Even now, lots of things happen all the time that nobody films. That's generally not people's first instinct. 

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Widespread legitimate cameras on phones weren't really a thing in culture before probably 2010. 

Even now, lots of things happen all the time that nobody films. That's generally not people's first instinct. 

www.twitter.com

It is a new site and has lots of stuff that people film while out at places.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

www.twitter.com

It is a new site and has lots of stuff that people film while out at places.

People get hurt/murdered in public places without anyone getting it on film. The fact people film mundane crap no one really wants to see doesn't mean everything is captured.

Although I still think Bo blowing up at a baseball game probably would've been filmed by someone depending on what year that was.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

People get hurt/murdered in public places without anyone getting it on film. The fact people film mundane crap no one really wants to see doesn't mean everything is captured.

Although I still think Bo blowing up at a baseball game probably would've been filmed by someone depending on what year that was.

Yep

8 hours ago, SFW said:

Beyond Crazy is that Diaco’s defense was better than Chinander s

Beyond crazy is that people believe this.

• Plus1 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Yes and no.  Lots of things happen unexpectedly and quickly, so yes, this is true.  The most recognizable guy in the state losing his mind in public in an altercation that (likely) lasted at least several minutes?  Seems less likely to be missed.

On an only-slightly-related note, I've had the same line of thinking about bigfoot, alien encounters and the Loch Ness Monster (etc.).  Given the proliferation of cell phone cameras, shouldn't we have all kinds of video evidence on these things by now?  :lol:

• Plus1 3

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

On an only-slightly-related note, I've had the same line of thinking about bigfoot, alien encounters and the Loch Ness Monster (etc.).  Given the proliferation of cell phone cameras, shouldn't we have all kinds of video evidence on these things by now?  :lol:

bigfoot lives in areas with limited cell service so everyone turns their phone off to conserve the battery. aliens can do funny stuff to make electronics inoperable. no idea why nobody has gotten video of nessy.

as for chad may, in interviews after the game he was going on and on about how dirty nebraska was. and he probably still whines about them being dirty to this day.

21 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yes and no.  Lots of things happen unexpectedly and quickly, so yes, this is true.  The most recognizable guy in the state losing his mind in public in an altercation that (likely) lasted at least several minutes?  Seems less likely to be missed.

Ya, I said that in the post. Just disagreeing with the point that everything is captured now.

• Upvote 1

I have yet to see/hear any proof that there were any signs/chants of 'Sal is dead, go big red'

I maintain this was fabricated by buffs fans to besmirch the Husker fanbase. 

• Plus1 4

5 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I have yet to see/hear any proof that there were any signs/chants of 'Sal is dead, go big red'

I maintain this was fabricated by buffs fans to besmirch the Husker fanbase. 

The weirdest thing about this is that Sal Aunese was 100% ineffective against Nebraska. Husker fans would have no reason to gloat at his demise.

This allegedly happened in 1990. Aunese hadn't been their starting quarterback in the two previous years, and Colorado had only beaten us once during Aunese's career - and that was with Darian Hagan at QB.

When Aunese started against Nebraska in 1988 he went 1-11 for 43 yards and no TDs. Nebraska beat Colorado 7-0 in that game. He's not someone Nebraska fans would care about. That's Eric Bienemy or Darian Hagan - those guys did all the damage to us those few years.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

The weirdest thing about this is that Sal Aunese was 100% ineffective against Nebraska. Husker fans would have no reason to gloat at his demise.

This allegedly happened in 1990. Aunese hadn't been their starting quarterback in the two previous years, and Colorado had only beaten us once during Aunese's career - and that was with Darian Hagan at QB.

When Aunese started against Nebraska in 1988 he went 1-11 for 43 yards and no TDs. Nebraska beat Colorado 7-0 in that game. He's not someone Nebraska fans would care about. That's Eric Bienemy or Darian Hagan - those guys did all the damage to us those few years.

I was old enough to remember that time frame, and there were definitely signs and chants of "Sal is dead, GO BIG RED!"'

It's ok for NU fans to look ugly from time to time.  It's not a big deal.

19 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Frazier / Sapp story is cited here, and although it may just be reiterating an urban legend, it's told as if it happened.

Never heard that about LP. Not hard to believe, though.

Never heard that about Chad May. I would 100% believe it, though. The team did NOT like KSU in the 1990s. 

The Pederson thing... eh.

I've watched that play a lot, and Fryar does appear to deliberately drop the ball.

Thanks Knapp...

That clip is hard to watch. I remember jumping up and down shouting are you f*%$ing $h!tting me...!?!?

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was old enough to remember that time frame, and there were definitely signs and chants of "Sal is dead, GO BIG RED!"'

I'm older than you. I never heard anything like this in the stadium, and I sat in the student section when this allegedly happened. It's also interesting how the story evolved. First it was a sign on an overpass on the Interstate. Then it was graffiti, not a sign. Then there was another one in Omaha. Then it was chanted in the stadium. Then it was on a hat.

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I don't think that's relevant - I'd be pissed about opposing fans chanting something similar whether it was a star player or a walk-on who never played.

14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't disagree with that, some fans are way too obsessed with being "the best fans in college football." But to me the chants would absolutely be crossing a line.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't think that's relevant - I'd be pissed about opposing fans chanting something similar whether it was a star player or a walk-on who never played. 

It's relevant in that Aunese didn't register with our fans. The only way we knew he was a thing was that CU was using his illness/death as a rallying cry for the season.

Again, none of that means that the graffiti didn't happen, or that some jackwagon(s) in the stands chanted "Sal is dead, Go Big Red" during a CU game.

What's really weird is that, for a relatively tame incident or two, we're still talking about it 30 years later.

There's stuff 10x worse than this said at games throughout the country every weekend. Why is this still a thing?

14 hours ago, Mavric said:

Just wait until after September 20th!

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Just wait until September 21st

If you show up on the 21st you will miss all of the fun!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

I don't disagree with that, some fans are way too obsessed with being "the best fans in college football." But to me the chants would absolutely be crossing a line.

Amen!

Our fans would rather believe that Bo beat up a booster the morning of a game in a hotel basement and that he freaked out on a little league ump and was kicked out of the game and field (no footage of course) than the fans being jerks sometimes.

• Plus1 2

17 hours ago, huKSer said:

Cell phone from 1984

image.jpeg.2f1d4b1b86b21b5c57d8bedbbb306191.jpeg

I still have a bag phone.  When my daughter started HS she asked for a phone and that's what I gave her.   She laughed and asked me if I was kidding.  I told her it was cheaper than an I-phone!

33 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I still have a bag phone.  When my daughter started HS she asked for a phone and that's what I gave her.   She laughed and asked me if I was kidding.  I told her it was cheaper than an I-phone!

my old Motorola bag phone is still in a closet...that damn thing was the best iteration of cellular communication ever! There when you needed it, service in the middle of a black hole, and if you were not in the car...no one could reach you!

• Plus1 1

On 7/13/2019 at 8:47 AM, Cdog923 said:

I want to believe the Cornhusker Hotel story real badly, because that's entirely in character with Bo. I'm also a fan of the "Ritchie Incognito fought the entire baseball team at a house party" story. 

The TO Gun story goes something like this: Riley Washington apparently robbed someone at gunpoint, apparently it was Tyronne Williams, gave the gun to TO, and he "hid" it under the auspices of waiting to turn it over to the police. 

Given Ritchie's well documented history of violence and just being an All-American A-hole....I totally believe it. Loved the dudes intensity and miss it, but that guy is a couple bricks short of a load. My all-time favorite Incognito story (completely true) is where he wanted to cut off his dead father's head at a funeral home....jeezuz.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/police-report-richie-incognito-wanted-to-cut-off-his-dead-fathers-head-at-funeral-home/

1 hour ago, huKSer said:

If you show up on the 21st you will miss all of the fun!

I was implying there would be footage galore the day after the event, thanks for ruining it.

46 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

The best way to find any evidence of Husker fans saying these things would be the Colorado 30 for 30. 

Is there evidence on that or is it Colorado players/coaches/fans talking about it?

I mean, you have film of Husker fans chanting stuff like that, that's pretty irrefutable. But if it's just CU-related people saying these things, I have no confidence in that.

• Plus1 1

23 hours ago, knapplc said:

The Frazier / Sapp story is cited here, and although it may just be reiterating an urban legend, it's told as if it happened.

Never heard that about LP. Not hard to believe, though.

Never heard that about Chad May. I would 100% believe it, though. The team did NOT like KSU in the 1990s. 

The Pederson thing... eh.

I've watched that play a lot, and Fryar does appear to deliberately drop the ball.

I have legitimately never seen that clip. That does look incredibly suspicious. 

59 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

Yep. Receivers don’t generally separate their hands and then let their arms flop down limp immediately after the ball hits their hands.

• Plus1 1

42 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Yep. Receivers don’t generally separate their hands and then let their arms flop down limp immediately after the ball hits their hands.

Particularly ones with the talent and skill to be the #1 overall pick. 

17 hours ago, Mavric said:

Beyond crazy is that people believe this.

Points  per game it’s a fact that Diaco was better than Chinander...that is crazy bad Defense.

14 minutes ago, SFW said:

Points  per game it’s a fact that Diaco was better than Chinander...that is crazy bad Defense.

Diaco's D gave up 436 total points for a total of 36 points per game. Chins D gave up 375 for 31 points per game. And it's pretty much a consensus the D was better no matter how small than Diaco's. 

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SFW said:

Opponent offenses scored less points per game in 2018 than 2017.

Even if they hadn’t, a defense that faces 15 more plays per game because their offense is fast is not necessarily worse even if they do allow more points. If you run a fast offense you’re choosing the risk of allowing more points just based on the simple fact that the defense tends to face more drives. 

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Diaco's D gave up 436 total points for a total of 36 points per game. Chins D gave up 375 for 31 points per game. And it's pretty much a consensus the D was better no matter how small than Diaco's. 

I even calculated it minus defensive scoring because I couldn’t figure out what he was on about and I got 33 in 2017 vs 29 in 2018. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, SFW said:

Your "facts" are not very factual.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Is there evidence on that or is it Colorado players/coaches/fans talking about it?

I mean, you have film of Husker fans chanting stuff like that, that's pretty irrefutable. But if it's just CU-related people saying these things, I have no confidence in that.

I always forget...what is the first rule of holes?

Oh yeah...stop digging when you are in one.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

This guy maths. ^^^

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

That’s what she said

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Very suspicious. 

FWIW, at the 2:04:02 mark is where Rozier gets injured. Looks questionable to me. 

2 hours ago, Fru said:

Very suspicious. 

FWIW, at the 2:04:02 mark is where Rozier gets injured. Looks questionable to me. 

Agreed.  

What registered immediately is that both these guys are from New Jersey.  Maybe it’s a coincidence, but it makes me think the fix was more likely.

Hell, the Peter brothers are from New Jersey too.  It all makes sense now...

As is Richie Incognito. Damn, that’s where we got our polarizing prospects huh. Sorry Rahmir, but you’ve got a destiny to fulfill.

14 hours ago, Fru said:

Very suspicious. 

[snip youtube]

The Rozier controversy wouldn't be complete without talking about him signing a contract with the Pittsburgh Maulers a day before the USFL draft. 

On 7/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, teachercd said:

I just try using common sense with this stuff...so Bo is at a baseball (basketball game?) for his kid...

There is a "bad call" and bo starts to lose it...

He gets so out of control that he is kicked out of the gym/field by the ref/ump...and no one filmed that s#!t???

I mean...when Joe Smith the dad of Tim Smith does that...it ends up on Twitter in 15 seconds...but when Bo Pelini does it NO ONE filmed it?

Just like Moos is sprawled out drunk at Lincoln bars and no one filmed it?  Come on.

Exactly

On 7/17/2019 at 6:56 PM, Landlord said:

To film Bo having a meltdown? That literally would be their first instinct 

On 7/17/2019 at 4:08 PM, Moiraine said:

Go look in the mirror. When you come back, tell me, do any of these people look familiar?

4f3c918a07c8a.image.jpg?resize=400,283

bo-pelini.png?w=610&h=343&crop=1

<<pretend this is a photo of Carl's kids>>

If you didn't see any of the above people in the mirror, it should be intuitively obvious to you why it's not beneath Bo to go harass a booster at a hotel before a game who he thinks has slighted him. It sounds exactly like something he would do based on all of the other data. That's why it's a rumor that's not hard for people to believe.

As far as the cell phone point, it's a good one. But it doesn't mean it isn't the type of thing Bo is capable of. Again, that's why it makes for a good rumor.

Massive conjecture and completely ridiculous

11 minutes ago, KingBlank said:

Massive conjecture and completely ridiculous

There is no conjecture in what I wrote. I don't believe the hotel story. But it is absolutely within Bo's character to do something like that. I have all the information I need, it's readily available.

• Plus1 1