Westgate Games of the Year 2019: Nebraska Point Spreads

Current Lines in Vegas to bet on

Nebraska -9 @ Colorado 

Nebraska +6 vs Ohio State 

Nebraska -4 @ Purdue 

Nebraska -5 vs Wisconsin 

Nebraska -7 vs Iowa 

---------------------------------------------------

Michigan is favored in all of their games -15.5 vs Iowa, -14 vs Michigan State, and -3.5 to Ohio State 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

13 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Current Lines in Vegas to bet on

Nebraska -9 @ Colorado 

Nebraska +6 vs Ohio State 

Nebraska -4 @ Purdue 

Nebraska -5 vs Wisconsin 

Nebraska -7 vs Iowa 

---------------------------------------------------

Michigan is favored in all of their games -15.5 vs Iowa, -14 vs Michigan State, and -3.5 to Ohio State 

So are we favored in all our games but Ohio State?

• Haha 1

I'd feel pretty good about grabbing Nebraska +6 and -5 against Whisky right now as I'm honest to goodness not sure if Justin Fields is actually good and NU should have a huge edge at HC.  Similar with Whisky, it's gonna be a late November game and if the BTN gods make it so, it'll be a night game and that atmosphere is gonna be absolutely lit.  I know Mertz looks great but if nothing else we saw it first hand with 2AM, he's gonna make mistakes. 

If you made me pick today I'd probably lean Purdue getting 4 at home because that game has 'someone is going for two at the end of the game/OT to win' written all over it.  Also would lean towards Iowa +7, NU has to prove they can kill the Iowa boogeyman before I can trust NU with my hard earned cash money.  No opinion on NU -9.5.  Line seems about right, will probably trickle to 10 and it wouldn't surprise me to see it close around NU -7.5 as CU still has Montez at QB and Shenault at 'destroyer of worlds'.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

If you made me pick today I'd probably lean Purdue getting 4 at home because that game has 'someone is going for two at the end of the game/OT to win' written all over it. 

Purdue feels undervalued this year. They kinda quit last year, and that’s one of the biggest things Brohm needs to address is how they can just disappear at times, but no one is really predicting them to do anything. Some publications have them 6th in what is regarded as a 6 team league. I wonder if too many are paying attention to how they finished last year and not enough to the direction that team is headed.

8 hours ago, brophog said:

Some publications have them 6th in what is regarded as a 6 team league. I wonder if too many are paying attention to how they finished last year and not enough to the direction that team is headed.

It is kind of weird because their cross-divisional schedule goes like this:

-Maryland at home

-At Penn State

-Indiana at home

That's a favorable cross-divisional setup. I'd love to see them beat both Iowa and Northwestern this season.

At any rate, if we can rush their passer we'll dismantle Purdue. The initial -4 is a fair line for middle of July though.

8 hours ago, brophog said:

Purdue feels undervalued this year. They kinda quit last year, and that’s one of the biggest things Brohm needs to address is how they can just disappear at times, but no one is really predicting them to do anything. Some publications have them 6th in what is regarded as a 6 team league. I wonder if too many are paying attention to how they finished last year and not enough to the direction that team is headed.

2 minutes ago, Undone said:

It is kind of weird because their cross-divisional schedule goes like this:

-Maryland at home

-At Penn State

-Indiana at home

That's a favorable cross-divisional setup. I'd love to see them beat both Iowa and Northwestern this season.

At any rate, if we can rush their passer we'll dismantle Purdue. The initial -4 is a fair line for middle of July though.

I'm taking NU -4.  I think Purdue is going to miss Blough.  Don't think Sindelar is the guy they need to replace him.

9 hours ago, brophog said:

People have to be looking at their past recruiting and the perceived talent on the team right? Obviously Brohm put together a good class for them this year but the previous years are all ranked below 50. That's a pretty high hill to climb in the B1G and then I think people look at how the wheels came off last year.