Dismuke & Stovall cited by police

7 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

How could this be?  Frost doesn't want a team of pot heads?  I'll wait for all the burn outs to wake up in their mom's basements and post how stupid Frost is, how stupid the NCAA is, etc etc etc.  Message board guys must be smarter than the head coach.....as always.

Who are you arguing with?

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

How could this be?  Frost doesn't want a team of pot heads?  I'll wait for all the burn outs to wake up in their mom's basements and post how stupid Frost is, how stupid the NCAA is, etc etc etc.  Message board guys must be smarter than the head coach.....as always.

***eyeroll***

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 3
48 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Honestly, if you were a cop and got shown the constant disrespect by society in general, would you be so lenient anymore?  Back in the day, Lincoln was also not a town of 300,000 people.  Bigger city brings with it bigger problems, including those who show up here for football...er, I mean school.  As a parent, I have had this discussion with my kids and have also said that it is 100% not acceptable.  I'm sure those girls in Gretna were like, awww...just a few beers, we will be perfectly fine, right ?

Over the line. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Strange how Frost is disregarding how beneficial marijuana is to athletes.  He must not be very smart.  Unless the LPD is being tipped off or are simply being aggressive, given how many pot related incidents we've had lately I'm assuming we have many players that are more than occasional smokers.  This is concerning to me, just as it would be if many players were getting DUIs.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Message board guys must be smarter than the head coach.....as always.

You've been brainwashed to believe that because the government says "this" type of vegetation is legal to possess but "that one" isn't that it's this heinous act.

I'm going to prescribe you 10 hours of Ron Paul YouTube videos. Please turn in a three page report in triplicate on my desk by Monday.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 4

I think Frost's big issue and concern with marijuana has more to do with the sacrifice you have to make to your team to not partake. If you are going to choose to use, you are choosing your needs over the team. 

That being said, I have no issue with marijuana or with people using it for recreational or medicinal purposes. 

• Fire 1

10 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

His biggest problem is it's against the rules, and that's what he talked about the most. As far as whether it's beneficial for athletes, that likely isn't an area of expertise for Frost so it's perfectly reasonable to expect that there are people who know more about the subject than him, and it's also perfectly reasonable to discuss it or to disagree with him. Smoking pot can't be good for lung health which would be a negative effect on an athlete, but edibles may be fine. But from what I've read it's not good for developing brains, and even if it was legal in Nebraska, it wouldn't be legal for people under 21, which I think is the correct choice. I think that's something that these kids who might argue about it need to know. Even in the states it's legal, for most of the athletes it's still illegal because they're underage. So if the NCAA decided not to test anymore, the legal ramifications would still be there.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1