Dismuke & Stovall cited by police

On 7/15/2019 at 11:48 AM, knapplc said:

Just a quick Bump,  seems Dismuke didn't make it to  court and now has a bench warrant.  This is a perfect moment for the team to help get this taken care of .......... perhaps he needs a ride to the court house.    Journal Star is reporting this and others,. 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Forgetting about court and getting an OFA for not showing up.......Maybe what we see on the field is player issues......

Yep. Soft coach (Riley) equals soft players. Frost needs time to get the right character on his team. Guys who are tough minded, thick-skinned. Hard nosed, a IDGAF attitude. We need it now more than ever.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Maybe he thought his charges were dropped since the state was dropping all of the weed charges and forgot he had a driving while suspended? I have a hard time believing he just no showed because f the system.

To be fair, lots of people are ignorant and forget about court dates, warrants, etc. Hell, I had a warrant for failure to appear and never knew about it. I later discovered it was an administrative error on part of the county court and police that issued the citation that was supposed to be dropped anyway. So, I'll agree with what you said because it can and does happen.

• Thanks 2

This missed appearance is 100% on Dismuke.  He may have ASSumed that since the dope charges were dropped, he was clear on the other, but that is on him.  If you have a court date, then you, as an 18+ year old adult, have total responsiblity to either 1: Show up  2. Present clear notice in advance that you can't show up for a legitimate reason 3. Have, in writing, evidence that the appearance was cancelled.  Nothing to do with his team, his coaches, his counselors nor his friends.    He needs to be off the team as a message and as a consistency setting.

35 minutes ago, FTW said:

To be fair, lots of people are ignorant and forget about court dates, warrants, etc. Hell, I had a warrant for failure to appear and never knew about it. I later discovered it was an administrative error on part of the county court and police that issued the citation that was supposed to be dropped anyway. So, I'll agree with what you said because it can and does happen.

Yep. One time my mom had her court summons mailed to her address in Gering, NE. Only problem was she lives in Scottsbluff. Luckily the officer who pulled her over decided not to cart her off to jail.

2 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

This missed appearance is 100% on Dismuke.  He may have ASSumed that since the dope charges were dropped, he was clear on the other, but that is on him.  If you have a court date, then you, as an 18+ year old adult, have total responsiblity to either 1: Show up  2. Present clear notice in advance that you can't show up for a legitimate reason 3. Have, in writing, evidence that the appearance was cancelled.  Nothing to do with his team, his coaches, his counselors nor his friends.    He needs to be off the team as a message and as a consistency setting.

1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yep. One time my mom had her court summons mailed to her address in Gering, NE. Only problem was she lives in Scottsbluff. Luckily the officer who pulled her over decided not to cart her off to jail.

It happens and I'd like to know the full story before going to the last resort

1 hour ago, Nebfanatic said:

It happens and I'd like to know the full story before going to the last resort

That just makes too much sense. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

Just more of the "me" over team attitude that still remains on campus...  Pull him for the Purdue game... we wont be missing much.

You, nor anyone else, know the full story here. Let's keep the judgement to a minimum until we hear something more--you just had posters provide multiple examples where it's entirely possible someone was innocent of a failure to appear charge because of a problem that isn't with the recipient. 

• Fire 1