The 1st TD - The 1st D game changer

First TD, Defense Stopper  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Looking ahead to our first game against mighty South Alabama (oh, it is the other Bama that is mighty) ok against Bama light, I was wondering what our first TD will look like,  how quickly it would come once we take control of the ball and by whom.   I was also thinking about our improved D.  Will we first show up as a sack machine, a fumble causing helmet turning linebacker iron curtain, or a laser guided pass stealing interceptor. 

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, Day by Day said:

1. TE seam

2. 5-6 plays (1st drive)

3. Improved but not dominant anywhere

ah - the TE Seam - didn't think about that.  Now that you mention it - I think the TEs will have the opportunity to "steal the show" beginning this year as I think they will be much improved.   We got fast guys in the slot, outside and in the back field.  D keys on the speed guys and the TE is open for a 'gotcha' TD. 

I don't think we will score till about the third drive and that is not a negative indication of how the offense will be.

I think we score by a simple run up the middle for a couple yards, but it's after a big play from either 2AM or Speilman to get us to that point.

Our pass defense will be pretty salty.  If someone is going to score a lot and rack up yards, it's going to be on the ground.  I think we will hawk quite a few interceptions this year.

We return the opening kickoff to our own 48. First play from scrimmage is a circus hook & ladder resulting in senior running back Austin Hemphill high-stepping into the end zone and then punting the ball into row 30 of south stadium in celebration.

Frost storms the field with his shirt off; multiple yellow handkerchiefs are deployed for a 15 yard excessive celebration penalty. Scott then goes fisticuffs with the entire officiating crew and submits each - one by one - via rear naked choke.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Undone said:

We return the opening kickoff to our own 48. First play from scrimmage is a circus hook & ladder resulting in senior running back Austin Hemphill high-stepping into the end zone and then punting the ball into row 30 of south stadium in celebration.

Frost storms the field with his shirt off; multiple yellow handkerchiefs are deployed for a 15 yard excessive celebration penalty. Scott then goes fisticuffs with the entire officiating crew and submits each - one by one - via rear naked choke.

:snacks:

I think Frost shows off our new weapon.  Wan'Dale gets a pass over the middle - downfield blocking by TE and WR and he is off to the end zone. 

D - I'm thinking the LB step up as a benefit of the improved DL.  The DL clogs up the middle allowing our aggressive LBs to take over - forcing fumbles and putting pressure on the QB in

pass situations.   

I think 2AM breaks it in the first 3 plays after absolutely demolishing a waiting DB on the way to the end zone. 

I also think that our big boys up front take a huge step up this year that opens up our linebackers to be heros led by Barry with All Conference honors. 

Just going off our first opponent, I think we score early with a few chunk runs. On defense I think our opponent will resort to passing and I don't think it will go well for them as I like the experience we have in the secondary and I don't think USA is very talented.

8 minutes ago, Salsa Red said:

I think it'll be a run but we're not sure on the rb spot yet and it could be a qb keeper. Also the D's first identity will probably be to do just enough to let our offense win lol.

This post seems to be referring to week 1. Our D will look dominant against USA, if they don't we are in some real trouble.

I hope it's the bomb to Spielman, and he gets established early as the dominant threat he is.

You know, all offseason, we have been talking about the running back situation, Martinez's Heisman campaign, the O-Line, concerns about the D, etc... but there has not really been a lot of talk about Spielman. He's a game changer, and aside from Martinez, our most dangerous and dominant player.