**2019 Nebraska Season Predictions: Call Your Shot**

PROJECT THE 2019 SEASON  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What is Nebraska's final record for the 2019 regular season?

2. 2. Where do the Huskers finish in the Big Ten West in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2019 at 04:00 PM

3 hours ago, Saunders said:

Once again, media days are here, so it's officially Talkin' Season. Call your shot via the polls, and copy/paste the schedule with what you think for each game. If you can, try to put it in quotes, and I'm going to lock this thread the week before the season starts, and see how our predictions fare compared to the "experts" at the end of the season.

08/31 - South Alabama -W

09/07 - @ Colorado -W

09/14 - Northern Illinois -W

09/21 - @ Illinois -W

09/28 - Ohio State -L

10/05 - Northwestern -W

10/12 - @ Minnesota -L

10/26 - Indiana -W

11/02 - @ Purdue -L

11/16 - Wisconsin -W

11/23 - @ Maryland -L

11/29 - Iowa -W

If we beat Minny I could also see winning at W Lafayette...but still think we lay an egg at Terps after beating (finally) Wisconsin. Hawkeyes at HOME is a WIN.

1 hour ago, DevoHusker said:

If we beat Minny I could also see winning at W Lafayette...but still think we lay an egg at Terps after beating (finally) Wisconsin. Hawkeyes at HOME is a WIN.

Idk how I'd feel in this scenario. We finally beat Iowa and Wisconsin but finish 8-4 with a loss to Maryland and probably lose the West.

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ahhh what the heck. Give me all the koolaid!! 10-2 Big 10 West Champions! Don't ask me who we are losing to because I don't know! :koolaid2:

I say the same thing.  My mind say 9/3 or 8/4  my emotions say 10-2.   I think we surprise OSU but drop 2 later on between Purdue, Wisc, Iowa and NW.

08/31 - South Alabama - W

09/07 - @ Colorado - W

09/14 - Northern Illinois - W

09/21 - @ Illinois - W

09/28 - Ohio State - W

10/05 - Northwestern - W

10/12 - @ Minnesota - L

10/26 - Indiana - W

11/02 - @ Purdue - W

11/16 - Wisconsin - W

11/23 - @ Maryland - W

11/29 - Iowa - W

I'm picking Minny to do well in the division, easiest schedule of any west team.

Big Ten West Division

1. Nebraska

2. Minnesota

3. Iowa

4. Wisconsin

5. Purdue

6. Northwestern

7. Illinois

I'm going with 11-1 and 1st in the West. 10-2 is probably more prudent but it said call your shot so I'm going for it.

I can't pick the exact loss but I can narrow it down to tOSU or Purdue or Iowa.

Nine wins that are in the bag;

S. Bama

CU

N. Illinois

Illinois

Northwestern

Minnesota

Indiana

Wisconsin

Maryland

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm going with 11-1 and 1st in the West. 10-2 is probably more prudent but it said call your shot so I'm going for it.

I can't pick the exact loss but I can narrow it down to tOSU or Purdue or Iowa.

Nine wins that are in the bag;

S. Bama

CU

N. Illinois

Illinois

Northwestern

Minnesota

Indiana

Wisconsin

Maryland

As far as I see it, a lot of our potential difficulty comes down to how Northwestern/Minnesota/Purdue shake out. Wisconsin and Iowa I think are stable enough to have a lesser chance of finishing at the bottom, but those three can easily be argued anywhere from 1-6. In each case uncertainty at QB plays a big part.

Why do you think NW and Minn are such confident wins and  Purdue less so?

8 minutes ago, brophog said:

As far as I see it, a lot of our potential difficulty comes down to how Northwestern/Minnesota/Purdue shake out. Wisconsin and Iowa I think are stable enough to have a lesser chance of finishing at the bottom, but those three can easily be argued anywhere from 1-6. In each case uncertainty at QB plays a big part.

Why do you think NW and Minn are such confident wins and  Purdue less so?

Nothing too deep or thoughtful.....just my gut feeling. I was more impressed with Purdue last year, primarily Rondale. Whereas I really have no respect for Minny and NW usually plays solid but they do nothing special and just wait for other teams to beat themselves (sort of like Iowa). I just have this sense that we’re about done beating ourselves so I’m not fearing those types of teams.

However schedule and timing might indicate one of those two could be a likely letdown game for us. But I’ve had my share of Kool-Aid and am highly hopeful Frost has their heads in the right place finally.

10 hours ago, RedSavage said:

I want to say we beat Ohio state but unfortunately I don't think we have the horses to do it quite yet.  They are once again going to be too loaded with talent.

It’s hard to argue with this but it was only a 5 point game last year and we have them in Lincoln...without Urban...and we know we’re going to be better this year. I’m holding out hope.

5 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

It’s hard to argue with this but it was only a 5 point game last year and we have them in Lincoln...without Urban...and we know we’re going to be better this year. I’m holding out hope.

I agree.  Think we may have the upper hand on coaching this year, at least offensively for sure.  I think we’ll keep it close and maybe even win but like I said, not sure we can overcome the stacked talent.  If the gap was closer I’d be picking us to win for sure.  

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Nothing too deep or thoughtful.....just my gut feeling. I was more impressed with Purdue last year, primarily Rondale. Whereas I really have no respect for Minny and NW usually plays solid but they do nothing special and just wait for other teams to beat themselves (sort of like Iowa). I just have this sense that we’re about done beating ourselves so I’m not fearing those types of teams.

However schedule and timing might indicate one of those two could be a likely letdown game for us. But I’ve had my share of Kool-Aid and am highly hopeful Frost has their heads in the right place finally.

Minnesota would have been in a good situation even without a strong finish due to playing so much youth and having that experience this year align with a favorable schedule. When I could finally watch those last four games, though, I came away unimpressed despite impressive results.

For all the talk of a defensive turnaround, they still gave up high completion percentages. 66% or higher to all but Georgia Tech. That was a big problem all year. The thing with their run defense is it wasn’t always horrible. Yes, Illinois was a disaster, as was Nebraska, but before those games they held Iowa and Ohio St to under 3 ypc. They held 6 opponents under 100 yards, and all but two of those were before this defensive turnaround. 

I think they caught their second wind, but they also caught some teams who had given up by the time they played them. Some improvement, but I didn’t see this cureall that launches them into the next season. Whereas with Nebraska it is much more of a binary change from the first half to the second half.

08/31 - South Alabama - W

09/07 - @ Colorado - W

09/14 - Northern Illinois - W

09/21 - @ Illinois - W

09/28 - Ohio State - L

10/05 - Northwestern - W

10/12 - @ Minnesota - L

10/26 - Indiana - W

11/02 - @ Purdue - L

11/16 - Wisconsin - W

11/23 - @ Maryland - L

11/29 - Iowa - W

I thinks it's going to be a weird, up and down season. Nebraska loses to Ohio State but beats most of the other teams that fans really want to win. I don't think either Minnesota or Purdue are great, but I think Nebraska loses both on the road in a shoot out. 

I don't know about Maryland. It just seems like an all-timer of a trap game. Sandwiched between the two division games Nebraska wants to win the most and it's on the road. Just a gut feeling. 

• Plus1 1