**2019 Nebraska Season Predictions: Call Your Shot**

PROJECT THE 2019 SEASON  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What is Nebraska's final record for the 2019 regular season?

2. 2. Where do the Huskers finish in the Big Ten West in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2019 at 04:00 PM

15 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

True...but replacing their coach with Alabama's OC...I think we're making assumptions he'll fail straight out. I think he has the pieces to be a good 8-9 win team already, and now they have one of 'Bama's better offensive minds at the helm. 

He’s also the guy who is a career 3-31 as a head coach.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

On 7/17/2019 at 5:48 AM, r06ue1 said:

08/31 - South Alabama W

09/07 - @ Colorado W

09/14 - Northern Illinois  W

09/21 - @ Illinois W

09/28 - Ohio State L

10/05 - Northwestern W

10/12 - @ Minnesota L

10/26 - Indiana W

11/02 - @ Purdue L

11/16 - Wisconsin L

11/23 - @ Maryland W

11/29 - Iowa L

Big Ten West Division

1. Wisconsin

2. Purdue

3. Minnesota

4. Iowa

5. Nebraska

6. Northwestern

7. Illinois

Last year I went with 8 - 4 and of course was very disappointed.  This year, keeping my expectations in check, going with 7 - 5 feels safe and anything more than that is a bonus.  

This is my worst case scenario, best case (and what I am rooting for of course) is undefeated and going to the playoff.  

Hey, you saved me from having to type.  :-)  

I'm seeing 7-5 as my answer, however, 8-4 could happen.  We are improving but offense doesn't get much better nor defense.  Other teams are improving and have strengths as well.

Start strong but disappoint down the stretch.  Will see growth but not enough playmakers to make the difference with a few key injuries.

Very guarded in expectations ... yet, excited to see if I can enjoy some red Koolaid again soon.

13 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Pffffttt...at New Mexico. Even Bob Davies has struggled to win there. Everyone struggles to win there--it's barely a FBS school. 

He won less than a game per year.  You have to go back to 1990 to find any coach that won as few in a season at New Mexico as he did in his 2+ seasons.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

We are improving but offense doesn't get much better nor defense.  Other teams are improving and have strengths as well.

Start strong but disappoint down the stretch.  Will see growth but not enough playmakers to make the difference with a few key injuries.

Very guarded in expectations ... yet, excited to see if I can enjoy some red Koolaid again soon.

Definitely see where you're coming from. With the addition of Darrion Daniels combined with having some guys back and healthy that struggled with injury on defense it seems kind of hard to say we wouldn't be measurably better on defense. 

I can also see the logic behind an argument that losing Ozigbo & Morgan would be a wash with any gains we make with Martinez in year two...but I still wouldn't agree with it. The big strength of what Frost has going right now lies in an unbelievably dynamic playbook combined with a QB that threw for 64% and has a ton of poise throwing the ball. When Scott talked last year at this time about how year one at UCF only used 80% of the playbook but that they used 100% of it by year two it makes me pretty excited. I don't see losing to Purdue this season unless our defense has some kind of major infarction.

16 minutes ago, Undone said:

I can also see the logic behind an argument that losing Ozigbo & Morgan would be a wash with any gains we make with Martinez in year two...but I still wouldn't agree with it.

I’m not sure who would make that argument considering Martinez isn’t going to throw it to himself.

Production will be surpassed by having more threats at the receiver position. We only had 2 wide receivers catch over 20 balls last year, and the drop off to third was a whopping 49 catches. The difference in yards between those two players was 723 yards. 

08/31 - South Alabama W

09/07 - @ Colorado   W

09/14 - Northern Illinois  W

09/21 - @ Illinois -W

09/28 - Ohio State  L

10/05 - Northwestern  L

10/12 - @ Minnesota  W

10/26 - Indiana  W

11/02 - @ Purdue  W

11/16 - Wisconsin  W

11/23 - @ Maryland  W

11/29 - Iowa  L

I predict 9-3. We go into OSU 4-0 and find a way to make the game close, but they win. After playing our hearts out we have a letdown game against Northwestern at home. Minnesota gets us on a losing streak again and we come out and pummel them again, this time on the road. We go on another winning streak and have some close games toward the end and fall to the cheating Iowegians again. We play them for a spot in the CCG and we lose to them. Maybe we make an NY6 if we get lucky but probably the Outback bowl is the destination this year. 

I say we win the bowl game against an SEC team to get to 10-3. 

4 minutes ago, brophog said:

I’m not sure who would make that argument considering Martinez isn’t going to throw it to himself.

Not sure what you thought I meant. He had said:

Will see growth but not enough playmakers to make the difference with a few key injuries.

Which I assumed was a reference to losing Ziggy and Morgs.

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Not sure what you thought I meant. He had said:

Which I assumed was a reference to losing Ziggy and Morgs.

2 hours ago, brophog said:

I can also see the logic behind an argument that losing Ozigbo & Morgan would be a wash with any gains we make with Martinez in year two...but I still wouldn't agree with it.

• 1 month later...

08/31 - South Alabama W (1-0)

09/07 - @ Colorado L (1-1)

09/14 - Northern Illinois W (2-1)

09/21 - @ Illinois W (3-1)

09/28 - Ohio State L (3-2) 

10/05 - Northwestern W (4-2)

10/12 - @ Minnesota W (5-2)

10/26 - Indiana W (6-2)

11/02 - @ Purdue W (7-2)

11/16 - Wisconsin L (7-3)

11/23 - @ Maryland L (7-4)* This has trap game written all over it. 

11/29 - Iowa W (8-4)

Finish the West in a 3 way tie for first that Wiscy wins on tie-breakers. 

7 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

08/31 - South Alabama W (1-0)

09/07 - @ Colorado L (1-1)

09/14 - Northern Illinois W (2-1)

09/21 - @ Illinois W (3-1)

09/28 - Ohio State L (3-2) 

10/05 - Northwestern W (4-2)

10/12 - @ Minnesota W (5-2)

10/26 - Indiana W (6-2)

11/02 - @ Purdue W (7-2)

11/16 - Wisconsin L (7-3)

11/23 - @ Maryland L (7-4)* This has trap game written all over it. 

11/29 - Iowa W (8-4)

Finish the West in a 3 way tie for first that Wiscy wins on tie-breakers. 

Maryland is a trap game in the sense it falls between two more significant opponents and Maryland will be coming off a bye. However, they’re also staring at the toughest November in college football...Michigan, Ohio St, Nebraska, Michigan St.

• Plus1 1