**2019 Nebraska Season Predictions: Call Your Shot**

PROJECT THE 2019 SEASON  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What is Nebraska's final record for the 2019 regular season?

2. 2. Where do the Huskers finish in the Big Ten West in 2019?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/28/2019 at 04:00 PM

i might be overdosed on the kool-aid.....but i think we end up 9-3 or 10-2.   hard to predict where we finish because that also depends on how other teams do.   but went with 10-2 and winning the west.   i believe our defense will take a big step up this year and our offense will be at least as good as last year if not better.   

1 hour ago, El Straino said:

And if you keep sipping the kool-aid it'll change even more for the better. Goes down smooooooth. As for myself I have another pitcher cooling in the fridge (cheers!)

We're swimming in Kool-aid so it's almost impossible not to get into the pre-season spirit :koolaid2:

1 hour ago, El Straino said:

And if you keep sipping the kool-aid it'll change even more for the better. Goes down smooooooth. As for myself I have another pitcher cooling in the fridge (cheers!)

11 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

We're swimming in Kool-aid so it's almost impossible not to get into the pre-season spirit :koolaid2:

dS_spe.gif

We already have enough Kool-Aid around here. :D

• Plus1 1

I think that Nebraska will sweep the non-con games and fall to Ohio State for their first loss.  Young teams have problems on the road and Nebraska's strength is their offense, not the defense right now.  This will lead to a couple of upset losses on the road in high scoring offensive shootouts - I think Purdue and Maryland.  I also just don't see Nebraska sweeping both Wisconsin and Iowa this year, especially if they do have bad defensive outings against Purdue and Maryland.  That puts my projection at 8-4 for the Huskers.

I hope that Nebraska beats Wisconsin and is playing Iowa for a spot in the CCG, and that Iowa gets it done, but I could see Wisconsin beating Nebraska to knock them out of contention and the Black Friday game being a chance for Nebraska to knock Iowa out of the CCG and send Wisconsin instead.  I don't think Nebraska loses both.  In either scenario, Nebraska falls just short of the CCG this year with 4 losses which with tiebreakers drops them to 4th in the West, 1 game out of first.

21 minutes ago, Caven said:

I think that Nebraska will sweep the non-con games and fall to Ohio State for their first loss.  Young teams have problems on the road and Nebraska's strength is their offense, not the defense right now.  This will lead to a couple of upset losses on the road in high scoring offensive shootouts - I think Purdue and Maryland.  I also just don't see Nebraska sweeping both Wisconsin and Iowa this year, especially if they do have bad defensive outings against Purdue and Maryland.  That puts my projection at 8-4 for the Huskers.

I hope that Nebraska beats Wisconsin and is playing Iowa for a spot in the CCG, and that Iowa gets it done, but I could see Wisconsin beating Nebraska to knock them out of contention and the Black Friday game being a chance for Nebraska to knock Iowa out of the CCG and send Wisconsin instead.  I don't think Nebraska loses both.  In either scenario, Nebraska falls just short of the CCG this year with 4 losses which with tiebreakers drops them to 4th in the West, 1 game out of first.

Just to note, Purdue is extremely young. Their just released 2 deep lists 17 freshman, 7 of which are true freshman.

• Plus1 1
38 minutes ago, brophog said:

Just to note, Purdue is extremely young. Their just released 2 deep lists 17 freshman, 7 of which are true freshman.

Huh - well there goes my entire line of reasoning.  That's what I get for not really following Purdue (among a few other West teams) at all until the week before the game.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
42 minutes ago, brophog said:

Not only are they young, but they have a pretty tough schedule for a young team.  I have them finishing fifth in the West, losing to Northwestern and Wisconsin to break the tie of 4-5 teams.

19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Not only are they young, but they have a pretty tough schedule for a young team.  I have them finishing fifth in the West, losing to Northwestern and Wisconsin to break the tie of 4-5 teams.

Their non-con is tricky, but about what they’ve been playing. The conference schedule is pretty favorable, though. One of the easier crossover sets, byes come at good times, good distribution. Most of their easier games are at home, though, which may help a young team get bowl eligible but hampers a team trying to win a division.

Most everyone has them in that 5th/6th area, and it’s hard to argue where they have an advantage somewhere that makes a good case at this time to predict them better. If I were a Purdue fan, record wouldn’t be so much a concern, but rather why Brohm’s teams to date have just taken certain weeks off.