**2019 Previews: "Unofficial" Bit Ten Media Days Poll 2019**

Michigan named Big Ten football favorite in cleveland.com 2019 preseason poll

This is Jim Harbaugh’s year. At least, that’s what 34 writers from around the Big Ten predicted in voting conducted by cleveland.com.

Michigan was selected as the preseason Big Ten football favorite in a tight race with Ohio State, as 17 writers predicted the Wolverines as the 2019 conference champions, 14 chose the Buckeyes, two picked Nebraska and one picked Northwestern.

This is the ninth year that cleveland.com has organized voting from league writers, ever since the Big Ten did away with the official preseason predictions that nearly every other conference handles. Into the breech stepped our poll, which has been predicting Big Ten champs, mostly unsuccessfully, since 2011. Big Ten media days will take place Thursday and Friday in Chicago, where the league will unveil a watch list of players, but no actual predictions.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/07/michigan-named-big-ten-football-favorite-in-clevelandcom-2019-preseason-poll.html

BIG TEN EAST

1. Michigan, 222 points (20 first-place votes)

2. Ohio State, 214 points (14)

3. Michigan State, 156 points

4. Penn State, 154 points

5. Indiana, 86.5 points

6. Maryland, 82.5 points

7. Rutgers, 37 points

BIG TEN WEST

1. Nebraska, 198 points (14 first-place votes)

2. Iowa, 194.5 points (14)

3. Wisconsin, 172.5 points (4)

4. Northwestern, 142.5 points (1)

5. Purdue, 110.5 points

6. Minnesota, 100 points (1)

7. Illinois, 34 points

• Plus1 2

Here were the most popular Big Ten Championship Game predictions:

Michigan over Nebraska (8)

Michigan over Iowa (8)

Ohio State over Iowa (6)

Ohio State over Nebraska (4)

Ohio State over Wisconsin (3)

Nebraska over Michigan (2)

Michigan over Wisconsin (1)

Ohio State over Minnesota (1)

Northwestern over Michigan (1)

source:

https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2019/07/big-ten-reporters-pick-michigan-to-win-league-title-in-2019.html

So, do people think UM is gonna beat OSU, or do they think UM has a clearer path to win the division even if they lose to OSU?

UM plays Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois

OSU plays Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern

OSU’s schedule looks only slightly tougher (and maybe not tougher depending on which games are home or away).

59 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

So, do people think UM is gonna beat OSU, or do they think UM has a clearer path to win the division even if they lose to OSU?

OSU’s schedule looks only slightly tougher (and maybe not tougher depending on which games are home or away).

Outside of home and away the only real difference is Illinois vs Northwestern, with Nebraska and Iowa being roughly the same difficulty

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

I think Harbaugh will have a great season, but I predict OSU gets in his head again and he won't be able to pull it off against them. I think Ohio State wins the East.

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Michigan gets Ohio State, Michigan State and Notre Dame at home but they have Wisconsin on the road.  I believe Michigan’s overall schedule is ranked tougher. There just seems to be a lot of hype surrounding the fact that Harbaugh handed over the offense to Gattis and this new offense fits Shea Patterson to a T.  People are assuming that Michigan’s D is going to be top five again which I think is a stretch. I think their defense is going to take a step back with the talent they lost to the NFL,  and lack of depth. 

Given how this poll has predicted the season against how it finishes, I am guessing now that Ohio State ends up pulling out the east and Wisconsin wins the west with Nebraska coming in second or third and Iowa disappointingly getting 4th or 5th while Minnesota, Northwestern, or Purdue jump up and notch a 2nd or 3rd place finish.

With that, Ohio State over Wisconsin is my guess after seeing this. :snacks: