Republican Anti-Democracy and Voter Disenfranchisement

On 4/6/2021 at 7:52 PM, commando said:

where was the proof about all those trump claims of election fraud?   when they went to court they went with allegations and never showed any proof of all that.  it's why the judges threw the cases out of court.   there was no evidence presented by trumps team to justify a trial.   if there was evidence i don't know why they didn't show it.

also....didn't we just hear 1 of trumps lead lawyers says that no rational person who heard the claims they presented would believe them?

so..in short....show me the convictions to back up the far right mantra of massive voter fraud.

According to at least one attorney that I heard discuss these court cases, the majority of them were dismissed on "Standing" so courts did not decide to hear the cases.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2021 at 7:16 AM, Frott Scost said:

You know a thread has run its course when James O’Keefe is used to show proof of voter fraud. The same James O’Keefe that has been found to pay the people in his videos to do what he wants and the same James O’Keefe that had to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements for the people he smeared? Thats the guy people trust for their news? What a joke. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/local/la-xpm-2013-mar-07-la-me-0308-acorn-20130308-story.html%3f_amp=true

That article doesn't back up what you are claiming.

"The lawsuit was filed on the assertion that O’Keefe broke a state law prohibiting the surreptitious recording of someone’s voice and image."

• Plus1 1
On 4/7/2021 at 11:15 AM, knapplc said:

Do you think that's realistic? 

How much voting impropriety is acceptable to you?

On 4/7/2021 at 11:24 AM, DevoHusker said:

No, not really. And, I think that you and I are probably hoping for the same goal, but from two opposite trains of thought. 

But I would like to see it less than the 1,300 instances that we know of. You would like that too, if for nothing else than confidence in our elections/results. 

1,300 instances, and afaik there is very little investigation into alleged voting fraud. 

That is a lot.

• Plus1 2
On 4/7/2021 at 10:43 AM, Scarlet said:

The fact of the matter is the past election was the most secure in our history.  

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Please show which facts support your claim, without evidence, that the last election was the most secure in out history. Also, please list the next most secure.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

Please show which facts support your claim, without evidence, that the last election was the most secure in out history. Also, please list the next most secure.

I'll take the word of the Trump appointed head of cyber security over random angry white internet conspiracy theorist any day.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/528323-krebs-doubles-down-after-threat-2020-election-was-most-secure-in-us%3famp

Please show which facts support your claim, without evidence, that the last election was not the most secure in "out" history.  Also, please list the next least secure.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'll take the word of the Trump appointed head of cyber security over random angry white internet conspiracy theorist any day.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/528323-krebs-doubles-down-after-threat-2020-election-was-most-secure-in-us%3famp

Please show which facts support your claim, without evidence, that the last election was not the most secure in "out" history.  Also, please list the next least secure.

Man, don't you know how this goes. That Trump appointee was the best people for the job. But once he disagreed with Trump, it became apparent he was part of the deep state trying to overthrow Trump, and the only reason Trump hired him was to appease the RINO's. QANON said so! 

• Plus1 2
48 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

That's not how this works, you made a false claim that you can't factually back up.

It appears as though Krebs' opinion was made, again, without evidence.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, ScarletRevival said:

That's not how this works, you made a false claim that you can't factually back up.

It appears as though Krebs' opinion was made, again, without evidence.

Like I said I'll believe Krebs and our entire judicial system over random internet gaslighter.  BTW where's your evidence?  Even the Kraken said no reasonable person would believe her b.s. and yet here you are

• Plus1 1
On 4/8/2021 at 11:55 AM, ScarletRevival said:

According to at least one attorney that I heard discuss these court cases, the majority of them were dismissed on "Standing" so courts did not decide to hear the cases.

you do know that dismissed on "standing" essentially means there was no evidence shown to warrant a trial.   courts never listen to cases brought up with n evidence presented.

• Plus1 1

I would imagine that most of the others complaining about the GA bill are also idiots who don’t have a clue on what’s actually in the bill.  Is it too much of an ask to actually know what you are complaining about since it cost his state a possible $100 million in revenue and exposure.  Geesh. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1