Republican Anti-Democracy and Voter Disenfranchisement

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

Even if that's true, other states being even worse does not somehow make Georgia better.

"We don't have the absolute worst, most biased voting in the country, so this is perfectly OK!" is not a great argument in the face of multiple lawsuits, but I suppose that's what they have to roll with. 

When even their own senator is calling them out for having a biased law, maybe that should be a clue?  Dunno. Hard to say.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

"We don't have the absolute worst, most biased voting in the country, so this is perfectly OK!" is not a great argument in the face of multiple lawsuits, but I suppose that's what they have to roll with. 

When even their own senator is calling them out for having a biased law, maybe that should be a clue?  Dunno. Hard to say.

I don’t think anyone made the argument you just tried to say people make.  So no, it’s not what ‘they’ roll with.  

When Senators who haven’t even read the bill make a negative judgement on it, then their idiotic words mean nothing.   Especially when they have to backtrack initial statements.   

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think anyone made the argument you just tried to say people make.  So no, it’s not what ‘they’ roll with.  

When Senators who haven’t even read the bill make a negative judgement on it, then their idiotic words mean nothing.   Especially when they have to backtrack initial statements.   

Has Ossoff read this bill?

I agree that Companies jumping the gun and declaring a voting bill that expanded hours and days a Jim Crow law was most definitely a fiasco.  Hopefully these CEO trying to be woke will begin to read and understand bills before they speak about something they don’t understand 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Yet more CEOs speaking out.

It's very heartening to see that there are so many people who feel so strongly about giving every American a free and fair chance to vote. 

It will be nice to see these corporations wield the power of their pocketbook when it comes to writing checks to future campaigns based on how this all plays out, too.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's very heartening to see that there are so many people who feel so strongly about giving every American a free and fair chance to vote. 

It will be nice to see these corporations wield the power of their pocketbook when it comes to writing checks to future campaigns based on how this all plays out, too.

Hopefully they’re pulling donations too. 

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

They should, I don't know, run for office or something. Last I checked that is how one changes laws...not by social media/publicly stunts and public statements 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, DevoHusker said:

They should, I don't know, run for office or something. Last I checked that is how one changes laws...not by social media/publicly stunts and public statements 

Are you going to stop posting your opinion on message boards and run for office?

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are you going to stop posting your opinion on message boards and run for office?

My opinions are not made public, via social media and press releases, as a CEO of a company. I express my opinions on an anonymous message board. 

And, it has yet to be proven that  "any eligible voter from having an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot."

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1