Republican Anti-Democracy and Voter Disenfranchisement

42 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

My opinions are not made public, via social media and press releases, as a CEO of a company. I express my opinions on an anonymous message board. 

And, it has yet to be proven that  "any eligible voter from having an equal and fair opportunity to cast a ballot."

Republican officials have fought hard at the Supreme Court to ensure Corporate Personhood is a thing, so they could give their campaigns unlimited amounts of money. Now that those same corporations disagree with them, all I hear is they shouldn't be voicing their opinion. This is what your elected officials fought for, you should be proud that they are exercising the rights Republican elected officials granted them, not condemning them. 

• Plus1 3

• 3 weeks later...

9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Why are these needed? What problem are they trying to fix? DeSantis only had praise for how Florida's 2020 election went, now it's a problem that needs fixed? 

A). Make Trump happy.

B).  Make his worshipers believe DeSantis is all on board with them.

C).  Make Trump happy.

After all, his worshipers believe him when he spreads the big lie.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

A). Make Trump happy.

B).  Make his worshipers believe DeSantis is all on board with them.

C).  Make Trump happy.

After all, his worshipers believe him when he spreads the big lie.  

You can write DeSantis in as the GOP 2024 nominee right now.  He is making a YUGE play on the nomination believing Trump won't run but that Trump will endorse him as heir apparent and place his golden, made in China and marketed by Trump University graduates, robe on DeSantis.  

DeSantis has been all over the news cycle in resent months.  He is following the Trump play book - take all of the air out of the room.  Make the news - good or bad - just make the news and everyone will be talking about you. That is what he wants. He wants to get the early jump by being perceived as  invincible - keeping donors from other potential candidates.  My way too early prediction   DeSantis/Noem ticket. 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

giphy.gif

“The way Florida did it, I think inspires confidence, I think that’s how elections should be run," DeSantis said.

Trump, who has previously falsely claimed that high levels of mail voting would not be "anything less than substantially fraudulent"and suggested the election should be delayed until in-person voting is fully safe, tweeted on Tuesday that Florida's voting system is "safe and secure, tried and true."

So according to Desantis and Trump Florida has a safe system, among the best in the country, and there were no issues in 2020. More states should be like them. But suddenly they need to change it? You could see why one would assume this isn't about election security, but making it more difficult for a certain type of voter to vote. Partisan BS aside, you see the rub here, correct?

• Plus1 4
18 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

“The way Florida did it, I think inspires confidence, I think that’s how elections should be run," DeSantis said.

Trump, who has previously falsely claimed that high levels of mail voting would not be "anything less than substantially fraudulent"and suggested the election should be delayed until in-person voting is fully safe, tweeted on Tuesday that Florida's voting system is "safe and secure, tried and true."

So according to Desantis and Trump Florida has a safe system, among the best in the country, and there were no issues in 2020. More states should be like them. But suddenly they need to change it? You could see why one would assume this isn't about election security, but making it more difficult for a certain type of voter to vote. Partisan BS aside, you see the rub here, correct?

I wonder what would happen if laws were put in place that forced Trump to vote in person.