Republican Anti-Democracy and Voter Disenfranchisement

39 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So those people can’t early vote, absentee vote, be so super busy the week or two before that they can’t carve out 20 minutes to vote yet there vote is so important to them?  

what’s pathetic is your response to how easy it actually is to vote yet you making it sound like it’s darn near impossible.  

Using my story as a reference:

My wife and I were in line for an hour.  At 4:00 pm.  With our kids.  Because our work schedules allowed.

It was well worth it to vote against Trump a 2nd time.  Since I was a registered Republican at the time...

What an embarrassment that guy was!

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Using my story as a reference:

My wife and I were in line for an hour.  At 4:00 pm.  With our kids.  Because our work schedules allowed.

It was well worth it to vote against Trump a 2nd time.  Since I was a registered Republican at the time...

What an embarrassment that guy was!

Using your story, it was an hour time that also allowed your kids a glimpse of the election process and seemed like good family time till on older lady started acting negative.  Hmmmm....

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Using your story, it was an hour time that also allowed your kids a glimpse of the election process and seemed like good family time till on older lady started acting negative.  Hmmmm....

Holy s#!t!

you could at least “try” to be empathetic.

I have an ideal life and situation.  I’m not b!^@hing about that.  

My point, since you obviously missed it, was to point out that even in a low traffic time in a low traffic area we still waited for almost an hour because our kids were old enough to handle it.

Being a descent person doesn’t make you weak.  I promise!

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Holy s#!t!

you could at least “try” to be empathetic.

I have an ideal life and situation.  I’m not b!^@hing about that.  

My point, since you obviously missed it, was to point out that even in a low traffic time in a low traffic area we still waited for almost an hour because our kids were old enough to handle it.

Being a descent person doesn’t make you weak.  I promise!

You would like to to provide empathy to a situation you described wherein you had to wait a whole 60 minutes to with your family in a non stress environment to vote against someone you absolutely hated.  Also as you noted it provided your kids a look into the election process.  Geesh, the horror.  Hope you don’t ever have to take them to the grocery store!

• Plus1 2
24 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You would like to to provide empathy to a situation you described wherein you had to wait a whole 60 minutes to with your family in a non stress environment to vote against someone you absolutely hated.  Also as you noted it provided your kids a look into the election process.  Geesh, the horror.  Hope you don’t ever have to take them to the grocery store!

Please don’t take this personally, 

but can you read?

Not like “d!(k and Jane” read, but critically read?

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

There is no irony and no answers unless you would like to provide one:dunno

Plenty of irony.  First, you claim to know the circumstances of the lives of the people who are being targeted, yes targeted, by these voter suppression laws but you've never walked in their footsteps so you're speaking from a position of ultimate ignorance and arrogance.  You have no clue.  None.  Nada. Zip 

Secondly, you've never answered, at least honestly, why the need to make these changes to our voting laws when the past election was entirely secure, the most secure in our history according to those that would know and as confirmed by our judicial system, not you.  So, anyone who is honest or at least with a brain larger than a pituitary gland knows exactly why these changes are being made since they obviously aren't to make elections more secure because they're already as secure as statistically possible. 

Now continue on mumbling about nobody answering your question but I've seen it answered here a number of times including,  as @KnappIc pointed out, the fact that it's happening right now in Maricopa County.  And yet you still claim nobody is having their rights taken away.  Huh?  I'd be pissed if my voted was counted, counted, and counted again and some conspiracy theory psychos swoop in, touch my ballot, and try to do what they're doing right now, knowing full well they're going to come up with some bulls#!t like me finding bamboo shards on ballots and thus trying to nullify those votes 

What else you got?   

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

Please don’t take this personally, 

but can you read?

Not like “d!(k and Jane” read, but critically read?

Yes.  

can you make an actual point that will help your argument, not the ones that talk about one hour wait times that you seem to admit wasn’t an issue at all, but an actual case of someone now not having the ability to vote that did before a certain State’s voting law changes   

• Plus1 2
On 5/30/2021 at 8:16 PM, Archy1221 said:

Yes.  

can you make an actual point that will help your argument, not the ones that talk about one hour wait times that you seem to admit wasn’t an issue at all, but an actual case of someone now not having the ability to vote that did before a certain State’s voting law changes   

The future of this country is hopeless because there are millions of @Archy1221's out there. 

Imagine being so brainwashed to think that restricting voting (in the name of nonexistent crimes) is pro-American and pro-Democracy.

We need to stop acting like people like this have valid points worth considering. We no longer should give airtime to these people or act like there is any equivalency between the two parties anymore. 

Pro tip: next time try not to let somebody who's best accomplishment is using their name to sell steaks at Sharper Image lead your party.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

Secondly, you've never answered, at least honestly, why the need to make these changes to our voting laws when the past election was entirely secure, the most secure in our history according to those that would know and as confirmed by our judicial system, not you.  So, anyone who is honest or at least with a brain larger than a pituitary gland knows exactly why these changes are being made since they obviously aren't to make elections more secure because they're already as secure as statistically possible.

Anyone with the brain the size of a pituitary gland will know that anyone who legally voted in 2020 and is legally eligible to vote in 2022/2024 will be able to do so.    There isn’t a reason to answer your question because zero zip nada amount of people will be without their vote if they want to legally vote.  That means 0.  

Now continue on mumbling about nobody answering your question but I've seen it answered here a number of times including,  as @KnappIc pointed out, the fact that it's happening right now in Maricopa County

Would you like to go dig up his post?  I know what it said and it didn’t give a single example of someone being disenfranchised.  Zero zip nada 0.  I guess I’ll just keep waiting and waiting while you post no examples, zero zip nada of people not able to vote in future elections that should be legally able to based on law changes.  

got anything else (that’s actual evidence anyways and not b!^@hing and moaning about nothing of substance)?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes.  

If you wanted to have a conversation you could address my first post about the people whom may be effected.    Not the “side story” that you seem to be infatuated with.

But maybe there wasn’t enough snark in that post to get your attention?

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If you wanted to have a conversation you could address my first post about the people whom may be effected.    Not the “side story” that you seem to be infatuated with.

But maybe there wasn’t enough snark in that post to get your attention?

Please let me know who will not be able to vote in 2022/2024 that is legally eligible to vote who voted in 2020?  Pretty simple question.  It’s not a “side story”.  You brought up a “side story” that didn’t work out for ya and now you feel like we’re not having a conversation. 

zero people will be disenfranchised or have their voting rights stripped because of a voting bill.  I will stand by that statement until Someone, anyone provides evidence to the contrary.  

it is better when you leave the snark aside.  That way I don’t have to reply with it also.  We will both be better off without it.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Anyone with the brain the size of a pituitary gland will know that anyone who legally voted in 2020 and is legally eligible to vote in 2022/2024 will be able to do so.    There isn’t a reason to answer your question because zero zip nada amount of people will be without their vote if they want to legally vote.  That means 0.  

Would you like to go dig up his post?  I know what it said and it didn’t give a single example of someone being disenfranchised.  Zero zip nada 0.  I guess I’ll just keep waiting and waiting while you post no examples, zero zip nada of people not able to vote in future elections that should be legally able to based on law changes.  

got anything else (that’s actual evidence anyways and not b!^@hing and moaning about nothing of substance)?

I see you still didn't answer the question.  I answered yours.

If you can just keep gaslighting until democracy falls headquarters will give you a bonus.  Good work.  

• Plus1 2

I answered yours.

Just saying you answered a question without actually answering it, doesn’t mean you answered it.  You gave zero examples of someone getting their voting rights stripped away.  Zero legal votes in Maricopa county have been disqualified unless shown otherwise. Zero people will voting rights stripped away in TX or GA.  I would love a tangible example and not some fairy tale maybe might could possibly scenario.  

• Plus1 2