Republican Anti-Democracy and Voter Disenfranchisement

5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Just saying you answered a question without actually answering it, doesn’t mean you answered it.  You gave zero examples of someone getting their voting rights stripped away.  Zero legal votes in Maricopa county have been disqualified unless shown otherwise. Zero people will voting rights stripped away in TX or GA.  I would love a tangible example and not some fairy tale maybe might could possibly scenario.  

Yet   These voter suppression laws are just being enacted, no?  You'll have to wait until the next election or until the Maricopa circus is over.  But the history of the first round of Jim Crow laws is full of examples.  History has a way of repeating itself.

I still see you haven't answered my question.  I would love a tangible example and not some fairy tale maybe might could possibly scenario of voter fraud.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Yet   These voter suppression laws are just being enacted, no?  You'll have to wait until the next election or until the Maricopa circus is over.  But the history of the first round of Jim Crow laws is full of examples.  History has a way of repeating itself.

I still see you haven't answered my question.  I would love a tangible example and not some fairy tale maybe might could possibly scenario of voter fraud.

Ummm no I don’t have to wait actually.  People here have specifically stated voting rights are being taken away.   I would like to know who’s right to vote was taken away by an election law change and can no longer vote?   Who is being disenfranchised from a legally cast vote or from casting one?  

To your question to me...How can you find it if you don’t look/audit for it?  Case in point, absentee voting signature matching/voter ID.  Why have voter ID for in-person voting but not absentee voting?  States are correcting that.  Lack of video monitoring at election drop boxes to check for mass ballot dropping by one person.  States are correcting this. 

Many of these election laws are securing these scenarios.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Ummm no I don’t have to wait actually.  People here have specifically stated voting rights are being taken away.   I would like to know who’s right to vote was taken away by an election law change and can no longer vote?   Who is being disenfranchised from a legally cast vote or from casting one?  

To your question to me...How can you find it if you don’t look/audit for it?  Case in point, absentee voting signature matching/voter ID.  Why have voter ID for in-person voting but not absentee voting?  States are correcting that.  Lack of video monitoring at election drop boxes to check for mass ballot dropping by one person.  States are correcting this. 

Many of these election laws are securing these scenarios.  

This seems to be a huge misunderstanding.  No one here has claimed that people are losing their right to vote.  At least as far as I know.

What most are claiming is these laws can make it more difficult to exercise that right. And it’s all for partisan reasons.

That is what I believe conservatives call a  “slippery slope”.

• Plus1 5
21 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This seems to be a huge misunderstanding.  No one here has claimed that people are losing their right to vote.  At least as far as I know.

What most are claiming is these laws can make it more difficult to exercise that right. And it’s all for partisan reasons.

That is what I believe conservatives call a  “slippery slope”.

Every time someone talks about the attempts to take voting rights away, the goalposts get moved to "show me who has lost voting rights."

It's a dishonest method of conversation.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Every time someone talks about the attempts to take voting rights away, the goalposts get moved to "show me who has lost voting rights."

Not all misunderstandings are unintentional...

• Plus1 3

On 5/30/2021 at 9:14 AM, Archy1221 said:

About what?  Who’s legally cast vote is being stripped away?   Who is unable to vote in the next election that is legally able to vote?    

probably my fifth time asking this question and never get an answer.  Just vague snark.  

actually you’ve been given s#!tloads of specific evidence, including direct confessions of guilt, but continue to parrot the plausible deniability strategy that makes this such a depressing exercise in democracy. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Here is a prime example of something thinking g voting rights are going to be taken away.  

it’s m dishonest attempt at conversation.  Say something is going to happen and when you get called out you then try to change your wording into something else or just move on to some other “dishonest” conversation while trying to get the person who replies banned or censored.

So I will ask, what group of people or persons is having their right to vote trying to be taken away from a voting change law .  What law will make it so someone can no longer vote that is legally eligible to vote?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

actually you’ve been given s#!tloads of specific evidence, including direct confessions of guilt, but continue to parrot the plausible deniability strategy that makes this such a depressing exercise in democracy. 

Bulls#!t.  You know it too.  Not one example has been given of a voting right being “taken away”.  Hell, give me an example of someone can get ready to vote in the next 1 1/2 years.  I will give you ways they can.  Get your head out of the California sand and pay attention to the conversation.  How will a Georgian no longer be able to vote because of a change in the law?  Or Texan? Or North Carolinian.  Anyone?  

People have 1 1/2 years to figure out how to vote for 2022.  A full 3 1/2 years for 2024.   

I think you need to look up what plausible deniability actually means.  Using big words out of context is not the best look.   

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

You may as well argue with a flat earther. You can't talk sense into somebody who simply denies reality.

But maybe @Archy1221 is right. Maybe all these Republicans have instituted these laws to prevent totally-super-serious-crimes that are not documented because they just really totally care about and love democracy. Their love for Democracy peaked on January 6th and has continued unabated.

In all seriousness, @Archy1221 your totally insane liberal democracy destroying and America hating party is going to win the House next year and their assault on our institutions, country, and electoral processes are going to accelerate. So hopefully you can sleep a little easier knowing that.

• Plus1 3
20 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Bulls#!t.  You know it too.  Not one example has been given of a voting right being “taken away”.  Hell, give me an example of someone can get ready to vote in the next 1 1/2 years.  I will give you ways they can.  Get your head out of the California sand and pay attention to the conversation.  How will a Georgian no longer be able to vote because of a change in the law?  Or Texan? Or North Carolinian.  Anyone?  

People have 1 1/2 years to figure out how to vote for 2022.  A full 3 1/2 years for 2024.   

I think you need to look up what plausible deniability actually means.  Using big words out of context is not the best look.   

Okay Sherlock, I'll walk you through it slowly.

No one's right to vote is being taken away.

But the wave of GOP changes to the voting process are solely designed to make it more difficult for historically Democrat voters to vote. That's not even up for debate.

Plausible deniability allows people like you to clutch their pearls and feign outrage at the accusation, because, in fact, the right to vote is not being taken away.

But the right to vote being made more difficult in ways that are clearly racist, partisan, and even childish. These measures do not correct any systemic problems in the existing system, other than the danger of Democrats winning.

Here are some more links for you to ignore. 

https://www.kaporcenter.org/florida-gop-leaders-admit-voter-suppression-was-motive-behind-voter-laws/

https://washingtonmonthly.com/2021/03/26/no-more-pretending-republicans-admit-vote-restrictions-are-all-about-winning/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/supreme-court-gop-attorney-defends-voting-restrictions-saying-they-help-n1259305

https://www.businessinsider.com/leaked-audio-trump-adviser-republicans-rely-voter-suppression-justin-clark-2019-12

https://www.britannica.com/topic/voter-suppression

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1