best TV source to watch games?

I cut the cable cord this spring and currently have no subs to any service. What might be the best option to watch the Huskers stomp our opponents?  Going to a local bar and ask management to turn on one TV to the game or find a streaming service or 3 to pay through the nose for?

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, RavHuskr said:

I have Hulu live its $50 a month but has BTN Fox and ESPN so any channel we would play on as well as the local channels.

This is fine if you have a separate WiFi or just want to watch on your phone, but if you use your phone as a hotspot Hulu Live won't allow you to stream to a TV, unless it changed in the past year.

There's a very similar thread in the Tech forum about this topic FYI.

But, FWIW, I've had YouTubeTV for more than a year and love it. $50 is decent for all the major sports channels and networks - ABC, CBS, NBC, all the ESPN's, NBA TV, MLB Network, etc. They also have the Discovery network of channels, I never miss an F1 race now, AND they gave all long time members several months of Showtime for free until September. Works beautifully on my Smart TV with Chromecast. I've never had connection or streaming quality issues with it, either.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

This is fine if you have a separate WiFi or just want to watch on your phone, but if you use your phone as a hotspot Hulu Live won't allow you to stream to a TV, unless it changed in the past year.

Really? How do they even detect that? I've used my phone's hotspot as my primary internet connection for ages and never had a problem like that.

I have cable with all channels and 100 mbps internet for $125/month....are people that worried about saving $25? I get all incomes and what not are different, not trying to sound snobby, but I hate the streaming services. They are usually slightly delayed and eat up your internet service. 

10 hours ago, Toe said:

Really? How do they even detect that? I've used my phone's hotspot as my primary internet connection for ages and never had a problem like that.

Apparently it has to do with location as Hulu Live will only let you stream at your home location, but I guess the IP address with WiFi hotspots covers too large of an area and is not exact enough to be the same as your home location. This is their horrible attempt at making sure no one shares logins.

10 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I have cable with all channels and 100 mbps internet for $125/month....are people that worried about saving $25? I get all incomes and what not are different, not trying to sound snobby, but I hate the streaming services. They are usually slightly delayed and eat up your internet service. 

Some of us don't like crappy cable boxes and paying extra for DVR. I also like the flexibility to be on vacation or in my car and being able to pull up a game. The less I have to deal with Spectrum the better. 

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Apparently it has to do with location as Hulu Live will only let you stream at your home location, but I guess the IP address with WiFi hotspots covers too large of an area and is not exact enough to be the same as your home location. This is their horrible attempt at making sure no one shares logins.

If they are not using a GPS to geofence your connection, a VPN would be your friend.