best TV source to watch games?

On 7/19/2019 at 5:03 PM, Calvin said:

I totally thought that was John Candy till now as well.   :dunno

Oh, and funny story about the sharing of the account.  I shared it with my brother and his family.  The other folks I've shared it with just get me lunch every once in a while or something, not that I ask.  My brother has decided to mail me a card and a $10 check every month.  Jeez, it's not even worth going to bank for that!  :lol:

Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode where Jerry finally cashed in all those checks his grandma had been giving him for years, and it bounced.  

Lol I laughed really hard at this.  +1.  You need to tell your brother about the wonders of Venmo/Zelle/Paypal...

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Lol I laughed really hard at this.  +1.  You need to tell your brother about the wonders of Venmo/Zelle/Paypal...

Or just use mobile deposit, those all add a small fee - on a $10 transaction it's not a big deal though. Probably cheaper than the stamp to mail the check.

I am defiantly looking to drop my tv service at the beginning of the year. Right now I have Comcast and our package is roughly 240$. Problem is with them when I drop them I am going to need a GREAT internet provider.  I have to been looking at YOUTUBE tv as well. A great internet probably gonna run me what 100$

1 hour ago, BaytownHusker said:

I am defiantly looking to drop my tv service at the beginning of the year. Right now I have Comcast and our package is roughly 240$. Problem is with them when I drop them I am going to need a GREAT internet provider.  I have to been looking at YOUTUBE tv as well. A great internet probably gonna run me what 100$

In the Houston area I would think you would have a lot of options. I am in DFW, I now have fiber, but I had YouTubeTV when I was paying for 50mb ($40) and never had any issues running YouTubetv on multiple tvs in the house. 

1 hour ago, BaytownHusker said:

att has internet for $30 - I don't know what constitutes great to you but it works for me

On 7/19/2019 at 6:55 AM, BIG ERN said:

I have cable with all channels and 100 mbps internet for $125/month....are people that worried about saving $25? I get all incomes and what not are different, not trying to sound snobby, but I hate the streaming services. They are usually slightly delayed and eat up your internet service. 

Great comment and I agree, I dont worry about the $ (much) so for me it came down to, if I have cable, I will still pay for nexflix and hulu for some of the basic service  for me the "cost" was just the delta between the base and the all access cost.  I'm still at about  $125 (including good internet) but prior to this I was pushing $200 for everything.  Funny thing is the main reason was because of the equipment rental charges from the cable company.  Now I have no devices (ok 2 rouku's) the rest are smart TV's.   Currently I'm on Hulu but I'm considering trying youtube as the Hulu interface is a mess.

• Plus1 1