Dedrick Mills

On 8/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, Huskers93-97 said:

I just hope he kicks butt this year and is not the second coming of Greg Bell.

Good Lord Greg Bell. Not saying I'm always right on recruiting but he was so overrated, especially by Held. The kid never had break away speed as mentioned. Mills will be the best inside runner we've had in quite sometime which is very refreshing. I loved Ozigbo, but even he was average between the tackles and run upright - very impressive off the edge though and is better than Mills there. We have lacked short yardage RBs and Mills will be great for that tough running we need. Mix that with Washington and Johnson and you have a solid backfield. 

• 3 months later...

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Another off season of working on his vision and improved o line play next year and he had a chance to be what we hoped he would this year. 

It’ll be interesting to see Benhart at RT and Farniok at G. Talent upgrade & major size upgrade. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

He played very well today, super happy to see this type of game from him! This is what he's capable of week in and week out! 

I hope the staff continues to use him a lot in the last two games.  Regardless if Wan'dale is back.  Not a knock, but find a game plan that can use them both to exploit defenses and get some good mismatches.  Mills earned the right today IMHO.   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Another good game by Mills.  The main hurdle for Mills wasn't Maryland, today, it was the usual suspect, Ryan Held.  This staff just can't seem to get the correct personnel into games to feature what they do best.  Mills is not our toss sweep guy and nobody else available today runs like Mills between the C gaps.  Luckily anything works against Maryland.

4 minutes ago, madrat said:

Another good game by Mills.  The main hurdle for Mills wasn't Maryland, today, it was the usual suspect, Ryan Held.  This staff just can't seem to get the correct personnel into games to feature what they do best.  Mills is not our toss sweep guy and nobody else available today runs like Mills between the C gaps.  Luckily anything works against Maryland.

Mills isn't getting his yards running through C gap.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Mills isn't getting his yards running through C gap.

He ripped off ten yards going c gap right and then down to the 1 yard line on the next play going left c gap.  He got stacked up on the next play.  Two plays later he shoved Martinez over the chaulk.  The play before the TD was a fake to Mills going off tackle left.  So I do not know where your point of view originates, because Mills clearly can pound the rock inside the tackles and off the tackle.  He doesn't have the knack for pitches going wide or any other forms of sweep that require blazing speed.  Mills has great acceleration and lateral moves, but does not enjoy track speed.