Dedrick Mills

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Mills isn’t coming back, and he’d be smart to give the NFL a shot. He battled a knee injury this year, but got healthy for one final game and played well. He probably won’t be drafted, but will probably get into a training camp as a free agent. From there, it’s a long shot to make a roster, but if he can play on special teams coverage he may have a shot.

He's an ok RB with a history of injuries. I don't think it's enough to get into a training camp in the NFL. He'd have to put up impressive numbers when the scouts come by campus in the spring IMO.

• Fire 1

3 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

Maybe he anticipates a strong combine showing? 

Have to put up some great numbers IMHO.  On the plus side, not a lot of wear and tear the past two seasons.  Is a tough runner.  My biggest knock would be top in speed and the inability to break a tackle or not get tripped.  Not great balance or ability to run over or through tackles.  I look at Oz and he didn't stick and he was better than Mills IMHO.  As a Husker fan, I hope he makes it.  Maybe he sees the young guys really being better with another year in and healthy...

14 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I'd love for Mills to return. But he'll be 24 and you know what that means tick, tick, tick, tick, tick

Time is running short, in other words if he thinks he can get to the next level

I posted something similar on the “who’s coming back” thread. Mills isn’t going to get better by coming back another year. He will only be a year older. 

• Fire 1

On 12/20/2020 at 3:26 PM, PaulCrewe said:

I'd love for Mills to return. But he'll be 24 and you know what that means tick, tick, tick, tick, tick

Time is running short, in other words if he thinks he can get to the next level

Might still be worth it to wait and get a bigger signing bonus. But I don't know much about these things. I just feel he's not really on anyone's radar right now. Maybe he could have a final year like Ozigbo. Not really counting on that but *crosses fingers*

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...