Dedrick Mills

4 hours ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Sims is a jack wagon, but the dude has been successful at the JuCo level. I remember very well when he coached at Fort Scott. I had several buddies play for him there. He treated his players and assistant coaches like crap and threw fits if he didn't get his way. Bo caliber tantrums. He got ran out of Fort Scott because he freaked out and started cussing out umpires and other fans at his kids little league baseball game. IMO he should have stayed at the JuCo level, and he won't have the level of success he's used to now that he's at the D2 level because he won't be able to get the quality of athletes he had at JuCo. Plus Missouri Southern's school or community has never really supported the football team there

We will see.  He has brought in a fair amount of talent in his short time at southern.  Brought in quite a few power 5 kids that for one reason or another had to transfer.  

It it is true about the support.  School has done a poor job in the past tying into the community.  He has put a lot of work in trying to change that.   

On 7/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, swmohusker said:

We will see.  He has brought in a fair amount of talent in his short time at southern.  Brought in quite a few power 5 kids that for one reason or another had to transfer.  

It it is true about the support.  School has done a poor job in the past tying into the community.  He has put a lot of work in trying to change that.   

Do you think Sims will be at MoSo very long? He really seems like the kind of guy who wants to climb to the highest level possible and if he has any success at all he's going use that to climb up the ladder. Not saying thats a bad thing or I blame him for trying to better himself and his career, I just don't see him really changing the culture there, since he will probably be a short timer. But I could definitely be wrong and he could end his career there. 

3 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

Do you think Sims will be at MoSo very long? He really seems like the kind of guy who wants to climb to the highest level possible and if he has any success at all he's going use that to climb up the ladder. Not saying thats a bad thing or I blame him for trying to better himself and his career, I just don't see him really changing the culture there, since he will probably be a short timer. But I could definitely be wrong and he could end his career there. 

I would imagine he wants to go up in the ranks but it can be tough to from HC to taking a position job, which is what he would probably have to do to get into the D1 level at first.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I would imagine he wants to go up in the ranks but it can be tough to from HC to taking a position job, which is what he would probably have to do to get into the D1 level at first.  

True, but when he left Fort Scott he went from HC to something like recruiting analysis at Indiana for Kevin Wilson

2 minutes ago, Husker from Kansas said:

True, but when he left Fort Scott he went from HC to something like recruiting analysis at Indiana for Kevin Wilson

Oh, I did not know that.  I wonder if that experience made him realize he doesn't want to be anything other than a HC...

• Plus1 1

On 7/24/2019 at 9:15 PM, DefenderAO said:

Ziggy was a bruiser until his last year.  Then he was explosive too.  Mills is a catch.

Oh, I hope so.

I watched Last Chance U, season 4 episode 4 (I think), Garden City vs. ICC long highlights.  Yes, Mills (#36) was a bruiser but no shifting movements and easily catching up ICC DB's (slow).  Looks like FB.  And apparently, 2nd string IB because most plays was #25 Garden City IB (keep in mind, highlights).  However I saw Mill's stats ...... rushing attempts: 22 and yards: 125.  In other words, scrap 2nd string.

BTW, Mills fumbled

3 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Oh, I hope so.

I watched Last Chance U, season 4 episode 4 (I think), Garden City vs. ICC long highlights.  Yes, Mills (#36) was a bruiser but no shifting movements and easily catching up ICC DB's (slow).  Looks like FB.  And apparently, 2nd string IB because most plays was #25 Garden City IB (keep in mind, highlights).  However I saw Mill's stats ...... rushing attempts: 22 and yards: 125.  In other words, scrap 2nd string.

BTW, Mills fumbled

I thought Mills wore #26?

1 hour ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I thought Mills wore #26?

You are correct, Mills wore number 26. He is shown gaining a nice run and scoring the TD at the goal line. He is also shown in the locker room after Sims is ripping them a new one at the half and he emphatically says "yes sir"  like every other player. 

6 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Oh, I hope so.

BTW, Mills fumbled

22 for 125 is scrap 2nd string?

• Thanks 3