Black Widow Movie

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, Danimal said:

Folks were asking for this years ago. Now they kill off the character then give her a movie?

tenor.gif?itemid=7942399

It takes place inbetween Civil War and Infinity War. I doubt there will be a sequel, but if there are, there's plenty of territory with the character to be mined in the past. 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:41 PM, Cdog923 said:

It takes place inbetween Civil War and Infinity War. I doubt there will be a sequel, but if there are, there's plenty of territory with the character to be mined in the past. 

Yes it's set in the past, but it's still stupid to kill-off a character you introduced way back in Iron Man 2 THEN make a movie about her.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:47 AM, Danimal said:

Yes it's set in the past, but it's still stupid to kill-off a character you introduced way back in Iron Man 2 THEN make a movie about her.

Ehh... I see what you're saying, but I don't necessarily think it's "stupid" or off-limits to go this direction.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens killed a central character and then Disney made a standalone movie about that character three years later. It ended up working out OK for the most part.

My bigger concern is that, personally, I don't care much about certain aspects of the Marvel universe anymore. Endgame was incredibly final and climactic. I just don't have any personal interest in diving back down the pre-Endgame rabbit hole with a character like this.

• Fire 1
7 hours ago, Danimal said:

On one hand, sure; ScarJo should have had her own movie by now within the MCU. However, it's not stupid to give a character their own standalone even after that character is dead; Obi Wan Kenobi has been dead for 30 years, and he's getting one in a couple of years (and I'd be willing to bet that Disney will do the same thing with Luke Skywalker in a few years, hopefully with Sebastian Stan in the role). 

2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Ehh... I see what you're saying, but I don't necessarily think it's "stupid" or off-limits to go this direction.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens killed a central character and then Disney made a standalone movie about that character three years later. It ended up working out OK for the most part.

My bigger concern is that, personally, I just don't care much about certain aspects of the Marvel universe anymore. Endgame was incredibly final and climatic in a number of ways. I just don't have any personal interest in diving back down the pre-Endgame rabbit hole with a character like this.

I'd be willing to bet I'm the biggest Marvel nerd on HB, and I'm kind of in the same boat. 

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...