Black Widow Movie

Eh ... it is OK.  I'll have to watch it again to see what I missed.  

A ton of action.  From that standpoint it was pretty good.  And I know it's tough to basically have to introduce every character but one.  But it seemed like it was 10 minutes of action, 2 minutes of plot all the way through.  And we really didn't find out a whole lot of anything that matters in the grand scheme.  

Yea, it was good. Cromulent. Sufficient. Top 15 of the MCU. Not mind blowing, but these individual movies don't have to be anymore; that's what the big team-ups are for. 

@Lorewarnis 100% correct; this would have had a much bigger impact had it come out after Civil War (when it takes place). Also, covid really hurt it by delaying its release until after the Disney+ series; it's not quite the deep dive into Natasha's past we all wanted to see, especially compared to how characters like Scarlet Witch, Captain America (Sam Wilson), Bucky and Loki have gotten through their television shows. Case in point:

Spoiler

Julia Louise-Dreyfuss's character was supposed to debut in this end credits scene, but thanks to covid, we meet her in Falcon & The Winter Soldier first

I liked it. I didn't go into it expecting anything other than a popcorn flick, and it delivered on that front. Good fun show, very much in keeping with the other MCU movies we've seen. It's not Ben Hur, but it's a good couple of hours of entertainment.

The one thing that was a bit much was...

Spoiler

The skydiving scene at the end. I know it's Marvel but she was not a "super hero," just a really talented butt-kicker. That whole scene plummeting to earth was silly. 

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

The one thing that was a bit much was...

Hide contents

The skydiving scene at the end. I know it's Marvel but she was not a "super hero," just a really talented butt-kicker. That whole scene plummeting to earth was silly. 

Yeah, that was basically my issue.  It seemed like they put a lot of time into "what are the craziest action sequences we can come up with" and not much time on "what would be an interesting story to tell".

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...