Thor: Love & Thunder

54 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

This was my favorite announcement of the night....until they announced that Natalie Portman was returning. 

I was wondering about that as well.  She's not terrible but not great either.  I'm not really seeing her in that role.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I was wondering about that as well.  She's not terrible but not great either.  I'm not really seeing her in that role.

She'll be better just on account of Watiti's direction and vision. I'm not betting she's in a lot of the movie, either. 

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I wish there wasn't a need or want to announce stuff like this. She won't be revealed now, she already has been because you needed to tell everyone instead of just letting the movie do it's thing and have people experience it.

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, knapplc said:

This feels like wringing the last drops from the dishrag before you put it up to dry.

I disagree. The last Thor film, made with the same team, is one of the best Marvel films, and Thor had the best arc in IW/Endgame. This will be great.

49 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I disagree. The last Thor film, made with the same team, is one of the best Marvel films, and Thor had the best arc in IW/Endgame. This will be great.

Agreed. Taika Waititi completely rejuvenated and gave some actual substance to that character along with some hilarous and endearing kiwi humor storytelling in Ragnarok. It's one of the most refreshing and entertaining Marvel films, and I'd say probably hands down the funniest?

• Fire 1
44 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

When I first watched it, I really thought it was kind of odd.  Well, it was kind of odd.  But definitely totally different from what I was expecting.  I guess I didn't really have a problem with how Thor was portrayed in the first couple films.  

But after watching (parts of) it here and there since then it's grown on me.  And it's been pretty well received.

It will be interesting to see where they go with Thor from here.  Definitely one chapter has closed and he could go/do about anything from where the story left off.

• Fire 1
20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

When I first watched it, I really thought it was kind of odd.  Well, it was kind of odd.  But definitely totally different from what I was expecting.  I guess I didn't really have a problem with how Thor was portrayed in the first couple films.  

But after watching (parts of) it here and there since then it's grown on me.  And it's been pretty well received.

It will be interesting to see where they go with Thor from here.  Definitely one chapter has closed and he could go/do about anything from where the story left off.

It's interesting that this is going to come out before GotG 3, which he's potentially appearing in. 

Another thing that Ragnarok did was rejuvenate Hemsworth to the character and the MCU at large; he was quite unhappy with the character up until that point, but has been given more creative freedom since, and he's stated before the Thor 4 reveal that he was more than happy to return after Endgame. 

• Mavric changed the title to Thor: Love & Thunder