Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

11 minutes ago, sho said:

I think it would be fun if they hint at the Netflix Marvel Universe and have a cameo or mention of Iron Fist and his journey in Asia after the end of Iron Fist S2.

I'm almost certain those shows are both done, and persona non grata now. Mahershala Ali was just cast as Blade, and he was the main antagonist in Luke Cage S1. I'm not saying it's can't be done, Alfie Woodard has been two characters for Marvel, in Luke Cage and Civil War, but you probably won't see any mention of the Netflix universe until Marvel reboots them at some point for either Disney+ or Hulu. 

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm almost certain those shows are both done, and persona non grata now. Mahershala Ali was just cast as Blade, and he was the main antagonist in Luke Cage S1. I'm not saying it's can't be done, Alfie Woodard has been two characters for Marvel, in Luke Cage and Civil War, but you probably won't see any mention of the Netflix universe until Marvel reboots them at some point for either Disney+ or Hulu. 

I know, I just think it would be a fun nod to those shows.   You don't actually need the Iron Fist in the movie, just some mention of him and his exploits in Asia.

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, sho said:

I know, I just think it would be a fun nod to those shows.   You don't actually need the Iron Fist in the movie, just some mention of him and his exploits in Asia.

It's doubly sad because IF season 2 was such an improvement over the first. I'd argue that IF s2 was the best second season of all the Netflix shows, and it moved IF ahead of both LC and JJ in terms of quality. 

• 1 year later...

• 3 months later...

Feels a bit like Diet Black Panther to me, which was fun and quality but overrated in my estimation.

I can't point to anything in the trailers as specific evidence, but I feel like this along with all of the current and immediately upcoming stuff is going to suffer under some weight of world building for other stories rather than telling its/their own stories.

It seems clear that they're really positioning Spider-Man 3, Dr Strange 2 and Ant-Man 3 as the lynchpin properties for the next overarching story theme in Phase 4. Then after that, Thor 4 and GotG 3 as backup support to a celestial/multiverse Kang encounter. A lot of these (the Disney+ series and the next few 'new IP' films) seem like they're mostly existing to help prop that up.