Another marijuana citation...

20 hours ago, Hooked on Huskers said:

Need to relax Nebraska law, the toughest in the nation.

No, nowhere close in fact. If you get caught here with an ounce or less on you and there's no clear intent to distribute, it's just a small fine - not even a court date. It's just a ticket.

• Thanks 1

Obviously the NCAA graphic is anti weed and will say it is only detrimental. Not to say its beneficial, but cannabis has been found to be a bronchodialator which means it opens your airways in your lungs further allowing easier breathing. Smoke is never good for your lungs, but the actual ingredients of cannabis are good for your lungs.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1429361/

The team needs to get this figured out though. Maybe they are just trying to get their smoking in before the season starts? 

14 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

Some of these effects seem negative.

ncaa-manual-marijuana-graphic.jpg

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Substance Abuse Prevention Tool Kit_WEB_20170720.PDF

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/marijuana-and-college-football-softening-penalties-signal-an-important-modern-shift/

The NCAA reduced the penalty for positive marijuana test to 6 month suspension but they only test at championship events so we should be OK.

So its basically like refined sugar. 

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, Undone said:

No, nowhere close in fact. If you get caught here with an ounce or less on you and there's no clear intent to distribute, it's just a small fine - not even a court date. It's just a ticket.

I know people are freaking out about players getting busted for pot possession.  But the thing is, the infraction is a simple citation.  It's like a speeding ticket.  I just think the media, especially in an anti-pot state like Nebraska, likes to sensationalize these drug citations and make it a big deal.  What would happen if the LJS or OWH commented every time a player got a speeding ticket?

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I just think the media, especially in an anti-pot state like Nebraska, likes to sensationalize these drug citations and make it a big deal.

There are probably in excess of 100 members of the Nebraska media whose sole job is to cover the Huskers. So every time someone gets a citation, every time they yell at someone in a parking lot, it's going to be news. 

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

There are probably in excess of 100 members of the Nebraska media whose sole job is to cover the Huskers. So every time someone gets a citation, every time they yell at someone in a parking lot, it's going to be news. 

Well I don’t recall ever seeing a parking lot yelling headline about a player so I think you are exaggerating!

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Well I don’t recall ever seeing a parking lot yelling headline about a player so I think you are exaggerating!

How could you forget?

Keller Cited for Disturbing the Peace!

Campus police cited Nebraska quarterback Sam Keller Thursday for disturbing the peace after he allegedly yelled profanities at a woman who took a parking spot he was waiting for in a campus parking garage.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How could you forget?

Oh, I’m not really exaggerating when I say I blocked out those years. When people bring up games from that era I rarely remember them. I remember the Alamo Bowl against Michigan and that’s about it. 

So I did think you made this up :)