Another marijuana citation...

On 7/24/2019 at 2:58 PM, Moiraine said:

Well I don’t recall ever seeing a parking lot yelling headline about a player so I think you are exaggerating!

Weed makes you mellow, so players are less likely to yell at others in the parking lot. Perhaps SE should have required Bo to smoke a little weed before games?

• Plus1 1

On 7/24/2019 at 12:49 PM, Hooked on Huskers said:

35 states are legal.

There's a huge asterisks that goes with that claim. Although Kansas and Iowa both have non-THC CBD oil and are routinely cited as being legal states, possession is a misdemeanor carrying 6 months and/or $1000 fine in both states. Nebraska's first offense is $100 civil infraction. Nebraska is still more lenient for possession than these 23 states: AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, MO, MT, ND, NJ, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WV, WI, WY (NORML).

Some have asked about edibles in Nebraska, NORML says the penalty is a felony punishable by $10,000 and/or 5 years. Ouch!

I think they should do a study: Qualitative study.  Go back and do an in depth study of the 1971 Nebraska team.  How much weed use by whom, and how frequent.  That should be the gold standard.  Then you say OK if we are seeing more use than this, it is no good.  

That 1971 team sets the standard for toughness, focus and accomplishment for me.  Everyone thought OU was too tough for NU (Goddam no way NU should stand for Noethwestern).  But the Husker team showed them all who really was the toughest.  4th Quarter drive on the road.  

Whatever they were doing or not doing, they did it right.  That's who you compare your behavior to.

Maybe they should get all the players in a room and have a round table or panel discussion about behavior with the 1971 team.  Man to man, let the 1971 'Skerz tell the young guys how you gotz to B if you want the Hardware.