Giving athletes too many textbooks

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
39 minutes ago, huKSer said:

Hey Jaws

Guess what Nebraska's last NCAA violation was - go on guess

Hide contents

Giving athletes too many textbooks

Guess what, that probably isn't the last violation at Nebraska. I am sure they have self reported infractions just like OSU but a newpaper or blog hasn't requested the public records.  It is foolish to think that a coach at Nebraska hasn't accidentally texted a recruit when they shouldn't have at least once in the last 2 years or some of the other stuff that OSU self reported.

2 minutes ago, jaws said:

Guess what, that probably isn't the last violation at Nebraska. I am sure they have self reported infractions just like OSU but a newpaper or blog hasn't requested the public records.  It is foolish to think that a coach at Nebraska hasn't accidentally texted a recruit when they shouldn't have at least once in the last 2 years or some of the other stuff that OSU self reported.

Maybe.  We aren't unique, or immune, from petty violations like any other school.  However, I would have to imagine coaches and staff are frequently and thoroughly reminded what the rules are.  There's so many, and some are rather subtle, that a program probably has frequent meetings solely on these rules.  And before clicking send, I'm sure a lot of coaches get proper advice, just to make sure.  We're obviously a little, a lot, biased here, but most agree the integrity of this coaching staff is pretty high.  

I haven't clicked @jaws link yet but I really want to know what is defined as an 'absurd' violation?  Are we talking hot tubs full of champagne?  Shoeboxes full of Gushers?  Pallet of Dunk-a-roos?  A parrot that sings Boyz-II-Men? (would be awesome btw) Or, just regular run of the mill absurd like stacks of cash, free cars, etc.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I haven't clicked @jaws link yet but I really want to know what is defined as an 'absurd' violation?  Are we talking hot tubs full of champagne?  Shoeboxes full of Gushers?  Pallet of Dunk-a-roos?  A parrot that sings Boyz-II-Men? (would be awesome btw) Or, just regular run of the mill absurd like stacks of cash, free cars, etc.

The link I gave is the original article about the violations. Elevenwarriors is the blog that made the original public records request. I think the biggest violation is the Parsons incident where they had to stop recruiting him because of the College Gameday meeting with Herbie and some other former players. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, jaws said:

The link I gave is the original article about the violations. Elevenwarriors is the blog that made the original public records request. I think the biggest violation is the Parsons incident where they had to stop recruiting him because of the College Gameday meeting with Herbie and some other former players. 

Yeah I checked it out just a bit ago nothing too drastic.  I know OSU had to stop recruiting Parsons after the ESPN Gameday incident, I wonder if that doesn't happen if he ends up at OSU.  Would've made things more interesting.