2019 Pundit Predictions

14 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

It's impossible for Nebraska's offensive to surprise anyone, with all the yapping you Husker fans do.  We already know that you have a Heisman-quality quarterback and the best WR in the Big Ten!

To be fair you're on a Nebraska board - would you expect any less yapping on our own forum? If you want a real laugh at some unrealistic fan opinions, here's an Iowa article claiming Nate Stanley will go down as one of the greatest Big Ten QBs of all time. https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2019/8/15/20805804/an-optimists-guide-to-iowa-football-season-kirk-ferentz-nate-stanley-brian-ferentz-hawkeyes

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1
50 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

To be fair you're on a Nebraska board - would you expect any less yapping on our own forum? If you want a real laugh at some unrealistic fan opinions, here's an Iowa article claiming Nate Stanley will go down as one of the greatest Big Ten QBs of all time. https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2019/8/15/20805804/an-optimists-guide-to-iowa-football-season-kirk-ferentz-nate-stanley-brian-ferentz-hawkeyes

Dang that was some Iowa koolaid right there. I'm curious how Iowa's offense handles losing two 1st round tight ends this year. People worry about us replacing Stanley, but two 1st rounders that's major production to replace.

• Plus1 2

It is labeled the "optimist's guide" so I'm sure it's a little heavier on the kool-aid than they are in reality, but it's still funny. 2 first round NFL tight ends last year, and they still finished 96th in yards per play, 92nd in yards per game. Even if Stanley is really good, the passing game will take a step back - they have no one even a little scary as a receiving threat. We still have to prove we can actually stop a good running game, but others in the West have already proven that they can.

3 hours ago, everybody knows my name said:

It's impossible for Nebraska's offensive to surprise anyone, with all the yapping you Husker fans do.  We already know that you have a Heisman-quality quarterback and the best WR in the Big Ten!

Those 2 will almost certainly end their careers as the statistically best in Nebraska history at their position. Barring injury of course/transfer so on.  

2 hours ago, Husker in WI said:

It is labeled the "optimist's guide" so I'm sure it's a little heavier on the kool-aid than they are in reality, but it's still funny. 2 first round NFL tight ends last year, and they still finished 96th in yards per play, 92nd in yards per game. Even if Stanley is really good, the passing game will take a step back - they have no one even a little scary as a receiving threat. We still have to prove we can actually stop a good running game, but others in the West have already proven that they can.

They do in fact have a pessimist's guide as well, so they're not quite that delusional. But I'd bet the average Iowa fan sounds much more like the optimist's guide - I'm sure we do as well. I just think even from the outside people can recognize Iowa doesn't have a lot of upside this year.