2019 Pundit Predictions

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'd say your CB is wrong.

PFF has our two CB's as some of the top graded in the entire conference.

LB could be a push as well this year...remember our LB's put up those stats in a transition year going to the 3-4.  They're going to make a major leap this year.

didnt banker and diaco both run 3-4 d's? or were they transitioning back to playing d?

1 hour ago, everybody knows my name said:

Evidently I've underestimated my team's tight ends group this year.  I knew that Brevyn Spann-Ford was highly regarded, but our staff seems to think he's special.

http://www.startribune.com/brevyn-spann-ford-emerges-as-potential-breakout-player-for-gophers/550222182/

And since you throw to your tight ends 6 times a season, this has me running scared.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, everybody knows my name said:

Evidently I've underestimated my team's tight ends group this year.  I knew that Brevyn Spann-Ford was highly regarded, but our staff seems to think he's special.

http://www.startribune.com/brevyn-spann-ford-emerges-as-potential-breakout-player-for-gophers/550222182/

You underestimated a group with 26 catches in 2 years? Did you expect nothing at all? Haha. 

On that note,  20 catches and 4 tds would be a special year compared to what you've been getting. 

2 hours ago, desertshox said:

didnt banker and diaco both run 3-4 d's? or were they transitioning back to playing d?

Nah, Banker ran a 4-3, with a lot of quarters coverage. His scheme was a little like Michigan State's, except s#!tty.

• Haha 1
On 8/16/2019 at 1:46 AM, Vince R. said:

I don't even think Tyler Johnson is definitively better than JD. He is the better pro-prospect, but JD beats him in overall production in the last two years, and last years stats comparison would have been even closer had JD not gotten hurt. In addition, you add Noa and Wandale. Nebraska just has better overall prospects down the line that if they play to their potential or close to it, they get the nod. Also, despite Stanley having 1,000 yards last year, he wasn't the best fit for the O. Nebraska will be just fine without him. 

That's because he's not....:D

At RB, there is no question that production favors the Minnesota backs, but I wouldn't trade our guys for the Gophers' going into the season. Washington has more skill on any back on their roster.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

That's because he's not....:D

At RB, there is no question that production favors the Minnesota backs, but I wouldn't trade our guys for the Gophers' going into the season. Washington has more skill on any back on their roster.

This was going to be my second point. It is only a matter of time until Nebraska runs away with that as well. Talent wise, Nebraska is in the top 2-3 of the conference. 

I will admit I don’t know a great deal about this upcoming Minnesota team. All I know is Nebraska has a very high ceiling with potential. I tend to think Minnesota doesn’t have as high of one, but I could be wrong. Some of it will be realized, and some may not. RB certainly has a lot with Mills (although he has already shown some at Georgia Tech), Robinson and Johnson. We already know about Washington if he plays. WR potential is huge. Again with Robinson, maybe Williams, Hunt, Mcquity, Jones, and possibly even Houston. We already know about Noa and Spielman. If much of this team’s potential is realized, I could see a 10 and 2 team but 9 and 3 wouldn’t surprise me.