2019 Pundit Predictions

1 minute ago, melscott62 said:

They think we are more likely to beat osu than Minnesota?

Like brophog said, bad math.

I can only assume it's the home field thing, but Minnesota can't give away tickets at the moment. Despite some real reasons for excitement, the overall fan buy in is just dead at the moment. If they start winning that could change, but any kind of home field advantage for Minnesota (outside of not needing to travel) is a joke.

1 hour ago, melscott62 said:

They think we are more likely to beat osu than Minnesota?

I thought the same thing, but isn't FPI at this point largely based on returning production? Nebraska lost a lot in the eyes of computers with Ziggy and Stanley leaving and little production returning behind them. Minnesota returns a ton of production from last year, so computers love that about them. Don't know the ins and outs, but that's my guess.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Like brophog said, bad math.

I can only assume it's the home field thing, but Minnesota can't give away tickets at the moment. Despite some real reasons for excitement, the overall fan buy in is just dead at the moment. If they start winning that could change, but any kind of home field advantage for Minnesota (outside of not needing to travel) is a joke.

I would guess the numbers show them pretty similar to us - made good strides as the season went along so projecting in the right direction.

But it's still a bit surprising that they'd be a lower percentage for us than Ohio State - even with the home-field.

On 8/25/2019 at 1:17 PM, Toe said:

Anyone have a link to that video? I'd like to hear what was actually said.

Been trying to find a clip, but happened to catch it on FS1. It was part of a rapid fire question segment and Meyers question was who is the team to beat in the Big 10 West.

He said I'm going with Nebraska, the schemes on both offense and defense are really tough to prepare for in a week's time. Also said he's a big fan of Adrian and he'll have a big season. 

It was part of the Fox College Football Preview Show and their 2 minute drill segment. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-football-Mike-Schaefer-gives-a-game-by-game-prediction-of-Nebraskas-2019-season-134893204/

I think most people would be pretty happy with the season playing out like this and it seems realistic. It'd leave a bad taste in your mouth about what could have been though, dropping a game to Maryland that could have sent us to Indy!