commando

challenge for trump supporters

I 100% agree...stuff like that and telling coworkers to go f#&% off or go f#&% themselves is and should get you canned.

I never thought that co-workers said mean/rude things to each other but I guess it happens a lot.  And I guess a lot of people are okay with it.

• Plus1 2

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

I 100% agree...stuff like that and telling coworkers to go f#&% off or go f#&% themselves is and should get you canned.

Yet Bo Pelini coached another three years!

• Haha 6

50 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yet Bo Pelini coached another three years!

hey now...this is the political forum.  take that bo pelini chit to the football forum.   :lol:

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

I never thought that co-workers said mean/rude things to each other but I guess it happens a lot.  And I guess a lot of people are okay with it.

You won't let that go will you

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

You won't let that go will you

No, it is what this thread is about.  Seeing if you can say mean/nasty/rude/offensive/aggressive things at work and if you will/can get away with it.

9 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No, it is what this thread is about.  Seeing if you can say mean/nasty/rude/offensive/aggressive things at work and if you will/can get away with it.

it's actually a challenge to trumpers.   i look forward to them reporting back tomorrow night and letting us know how it went if they did act like trump for 1 day.

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not exactly what the thread is about, more like see how long you can act like our President before you get canned. The President acts this way unprovoked. If someone is being provoked by another coworker its easy to see how something like that could be said without any pink slips issued, but we have been over that ad naseum so I'll leave it there.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Not exactly what the thread is about, more like see how long you can act like our President before you get canned. The President acts this way unprovoked. If someone is being provoked by another coworker its easy to see how something like that could be said without any pink slips issued, but we have been over that ad naseum so I'll leave it there.

Sounds good.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Eye roll

let it go.  Some times that is the only way to communicate with someone who is being habitually offensive and not listening to more reasonable please to stop their behavior at a workplace.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, commando said:

what are the odds any trump supporters actually take this challenge?  

I am going to put the odds at 0.

If I was so rich that I never had to work again...I would be happy to go tell an old boss of mine (that I am still terrified of) to f#&% off...but that is about it for me.

Just now, Scarlet Overkill said:

Eye roll

let it go.  Some times that is the only way to communicate with someone who is being habitually offensive and not listening to more reasonable please to stop their behavior at a workplace.

I agree, if someone is saying something you don't like and find offensive you have to do something.

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I am going to put the odds at 0.

so you are saying they are hypocrites

Just now, commando said:

so you are saying they are hypocrites

Yes...but I believe 100% that we are all hypocrites.  I think that is pretty much normal.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yes...but I believe 100% that we are all hypocrites.  I think that is pretty much normal.

you view hypocrisy as normal?   what kind of crazy mixed up worldview is that?  i've always had a rough time keeping up with your ever changing views....now i guess i know why.   

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, commando said:

you view hypocrisy as normal?   what kind of crazy mixed up worldview is that?  i've always had a rough time keeping up with your ever changing views....now i guess i know why.   

Oh yeah, it is normal.

For instance, you probably drank before you were 21...but if you have kids you tell them "NO DRINKING UNTIL YOU ARE 21!"

You probably speed when you drive...but again if you have kids you probably tell them not to speed.  Same with checking your phone while you drive but you tell them they can't.

You probably say you are open to everyone's thoughts about things and then someone tells you they are a super vegan and only eat grass you roll your eyes.

My Dad smoked, started when he was like 13...quit 35 years later.  But if he would have saw me smoking (I don't) at 13 years old, he would have killed me.  Even though it was okay for him to do it.

You probably give friends great advice about relationships and/or finances but you probably don't follow your own advice all the time.

I used to be super against pot but now I don't care if they legalize it, I think that seems hypocritical of me.

Most of us cheer when an SEC team gets busted for cheating but we are sad/upset if the team we like gets busted for cheating.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, it is normal.

For instance, you probably drank before you were 21...but if you have kids you tell them "NO DRINKING UNTIL YOU ARE 21

i didn't tell them not to drink.  i told them about the stupid s#!t i did when i drank while underage.   3 of the 4 still don't drink even though 2 of them are out of college now

You probably speed when you drive...but again if you have kids you probably tell them not to speed.  Same with checking your phone while you drive but you tell them they can't.

when i was young i did speed.  now if i catch myself 2 miles an hour over the limit i am whoa...slow down buddy.   not sure about my kids driving habits but i was also open about the cars i wrecked while i was driving like Bo Duke.  as far there has only been 1 minor fender bender amongst all my kids

You probably say you are open to everyone's thoughts about things and then someone tells you they are a super vegan and only eat grass you roll your eyes.

i am not a vegan....but with my dietary needs i probably should be.   if they can give me a diet i can live with i might try it.  lol

My Dad smoked, started when he was like 13...quit 35 years later.  But if he would have saw me smoking (I don't) at 13 years old, he would have killed me.  Even though it was okay for him to do it.

smoking led to a spot on my lung.  scared me into quitting cold turkey that day.   i warned my kids and none of them smoke...although 1 did get caught vaping with some girls on the bus.   i blame that more on wanting to impress the girls rather than wanting to smoke.   teenage boys are kind of that way

You probably give friends great advice about relationships and/or finances but you probably don't follow your own advice all the time.

i never have given advice on those matters to my friends as i know i am no expert on those matters.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I used to be super against pot but now I don't care if they legalize it, I think that seems hypocritical of me.

can't say much about pot.   only tried it once and didn't like it so never did it again.   again i told my kids that i thought it was stupid and shared my experience about it with them.  they may or may not smoke pot....i honestly don't know.  but have never smelled pot smoke in the house as they were growing or heard from school about them smoking it.   i don't think it needs to be criminal to smoke it....and i don't hold it against my friends who do.    i just told my kids what i thought of it and let them make their own decisions after that.

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

No it’s not. 

i am looking forward to the trumpers reporting back tonight how their workday went today if they accept this challenge.    maybe to make the challenge even more realistic...whenever you do 1 of those trumpy things....yell "make (insert your company name) great again".

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes it is.

No, it's not.

You are completely and purposely misrepresenting what the conversation in the other thread was about.

• Plus1 4

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, it is normal.

For instance, you probably drank before you were 21...but if you have kids you tell them "NO DRINKING UNTIL YOU ARE 21!"

Most of us cheer when an SEC team gets busted for cheating but we are sad/upset if the team we like gets busted for cheating.  

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, it's not.

You are completely and purposely misrepresenting what the conversation in the other thread was about.

No, the thread is about saying mean/offensive/rude things at work to see what happens.  Specific examples were given and then I shared more.  

To me, offensive and rude is offensive and rude.  Trying to say one is worse than the other is wrong and it is how bad behavior gets worse and worse.  Once you tolerate something bad at work it will get worse.  

3 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

This quote is a perfect example of why it is not evil to be a hypocrite.  People need to get over the idea that it is wrong to be hypocritical and realize that it is actually smart.

Just now, teachercd said:

No, the thread is about saying mean/offensive/rude things at work to see what happens.  Specific examples were given and then I shared more.  

To me, offensive and rude is offensive and rude.  Trying to say one is worse than the other is wrong and it is how bad behavior gets worse and worse.  Once you tolerate something bad at work it will get worse.  

But, that's not what the other conversation was about.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, that's not what the other conversation was about.

I feel like it is.  I feel like it is about bad workplace behavior.  The example is coming from bad workplace behavior from the President and if it would be tolerated at your work.

Just now, teachercd said:

This quote is a perfect example of why it is not evil to be a hypocrite.  People need to get over the idea that it is wrong to be hypocritical and realize that it is actually smart.

But, that's not an example of being a hypocrite. Hardly any of the examples you provided would qualify as "hypocritical". 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I feel like it is.  I feel like it is about bad workplace behavior.  The example is coming from bad workplace behavior from the President and if it would be tolerated at your work.

But, what was happening in the other thread was a co-worker telling another coworker to stop that bad behavior.  This is the part you never understood in that conversation.  

One co-worker was being a total a$$ and the other one confronted him and told him to shut up.  The person confronting the co-worker wasn't the one with bad behavior.

To tie these two threads together, that's like if someone took this challenge and then another co-worker told them to shut the F*** up.  

In your twisted way of looking at all of this, your opinion is that the person who told him to shut the F*** up, should be fired.  I don't agree.  The first person is the one who was causing the problems and it was handled and people moved on.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

But, that's not an example of being a hypocrite. Hardly any of the examples you provided would qualify as "hypocritical". 

It 100% is...we just tend to hate that it is.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, what was happening in the other thread was a co-worker telling another coworker to stop that bad behavior.  This is the part you never understood in that conversation.  

One co-worker was being a total a$$ and the other one confronted him and told him to shut up.  The person confronting the co-worker wasn't the one with bad behavior.

To tie these two threads together, that's like if someone took this challenge and then another co-worker told them to shut the F*** up.  

In your twisted way of looking at all of this, your opinion is that the person who told him to shut the F*** up, should be fired.  I don't agree.  The first person is the one who was causing the problems and it was handled and people moved on.

I think this is pretty fair.  I don't agree with it all but it is fair.  

When I was little I thought 2+2=1000000.  Now I’m a hypocrite because I believe the answer is 4????

Cmon @teachercd

I like a lot of your comments.  But your trying too hard here... 

• Plus1 4

30 minutes ago, funhusker said:

When I was little I thought 2+2=1000000.  Now I’m a hypocrite because I believe the answer is 4????

Cmon @teachercd

I like a lot of your comments.  But your trying too hard here... 

No, now you are better at math.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Yeah, but that's not usually the problem with hypocrisy.

Politically the "new" information was always available, but politicians merely shifted with the winds of public opinion. And of course even newer information -- like a Gallup Poll -- could send them backtracking to their previous opinion. 

On a personal level, we're all hypocritical all the time, because we have a lot higher standards for other people than we do ourselves, and the ability not to see it that way.

When I'm hypocritical about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior with my teenagers, it's not because I've acquired new information about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior; it's just because I'm old and they're my kids. 

This doesn't have much to do with the original Trump Challenge. I just thought I'd be hypocritical if I didn't say something. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

You just claimed if you change your mind based on learning new information, you’re a hypocrite. 

You don’t seem to understand what the word means or how to apply it. 

Look, being a hypocrite is saying one thing and doing another.  It is why "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say" is plastered all over locker rooms.

I know exactly what it means and how to apply it, the problem is people are so terrified of being a hypocrite when they don't need to be worried about it.

Parents text and drive all the time...but guess what they tell their kids?  DON'T LET ME FIND OUT YOU WERE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.  It is hypocritical.   

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but that's not usually the problem with hypocrisy.

Politically the "new" information was always available, but politicians merely shifted with the winds of public opinion. And of course even newer information -- like a Gallup Poll -- could send them backtracking to their previous opinion. 

On a personal level, we're all hypocritical all the time, because we have a lot higher standards for other people than we do ourselves, and the ability not to see it that way.

When I'm hypocritical about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior with my teenagers, it's not because I've acquired new information about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior; it's just because I'm old and they're my kids. 

This doesn't have much to do with the original Trump Challenge. I just thought I'd be hypocritical if I didn't say something. 

Ha!

Thank you!  100% spot on.

I used to think old people didn't know anything!  Now I realize they are smart :)

Look, when Bama gets a recruiting violation I want them shut down the program.  When NU gets one I want the NCAA to do nothing about it.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Look, being a hypocrite is saying one thing and doing another.  It is why "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say" is plastered all over locker rooms.

I know exactly what it means and how to apply it, the problem is people are so terrified of being a hypocrite when they don't need to be worried about it.

Parents text and drive all the time...but guess what they tell their kids?  DON'T LET ME FIND OUT YOU WERE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.  It is hypocritical.   

You stated you changed your mind about pot and that’s hypocritical. That’s part of where my post comes from. As someone else said your examples are not all examples of being a hypocrite. There are hypocritical reasons to change your mind about pot though. 

I agree everyone is hypocritical in at least some ways, but I disagree that people shouldn’t try not to be. Especially when it comes to important s#!t. We shouldn’t hate something because someone in another political party does it and love it if someone in out party does it. That’s just moronic and playing into the hands of the stupid party you’re a member of. It makes you stupid, not smart. 

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You stated you changed your mind about pot and that’s hypocritical. That’s part of where my post comes from. As someone else said your examples are not all examples of being a hypocrite. There are hypocritical reasons to change your mind about pot though. 

I agree everyone is hypocritical in at least some ways, but I disagree that people shouldn’t try not to be. Especially when it comes to important s#!t. We shouldn’t hate something because someone in another political party does it and love it if someone in out party does it. That’s just moronic and playing into the hands of the stupid party you’re a member of. It makes you stupid, not smart. 

Agree and agree...I don't think think it is bad to be a hypocrite, I think it is smart.  I hate when people think it is bad to be hypocritical. 

Changing your mind is one thing.

Being hypocritical is something different. That's why they created the word. 

Actually, I'm not sure what's being debated anymore. 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Actually, I'm not sure what's being debated anymore. 

The OP is uncomfortable for some people so there's an attempt at deflection.

It's working because people don't get what's going on.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Me drinking in HS and then growing up and realizing the dangers of what I did and tell my kids not to do it....isn't hypocritical.  It's simply me growing up and realizing how I could have hurt a lot of people doing what I did.

Republicans ranting and raving about Bill Clinton having fun with a cigar with another woman and then being perfectly fine with Trump's womanizing and treatment of women.....is hypocritical.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, commando said:

thanks to teach for derailing this thread.   

It's not really a discussion thread.  It's chastising Trump supporters.....which doesn't differ from any other thread in the P&R forum.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It's not really a discussion thread.  It's chastising Trump supporters.....which doesn't differ from any other thread in the P&R forum.

chastising? asking them to do what they claim is fine?  i notice that no one has stepped up to the challenge.  what does that tell us?

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, commando said:

chastising? asking them to do what they claim is fine?  i notice that no one has stepped up to the challenge.  what does that tell us?

It tells us what we already know: that our society contains a contingent of cowards who, in their cold hearts, long to go back to the days when they could openly act like a$$holes to whoever was not one of them, when they could tell racist jokes, when they could flood the workplace with sexual innuendo, but now feel their own sense of being oppressed because most workplaces no longer allow them to do those things. We have workplace policies and a variety of employment law because of people like this. And they admire a president who can get away with it. They know it is not okay. But they like it anyway.

No one will step up to your challenge or anyone else's challenge because: 1) they know there are real-world consequences for this type of behavior, so they would rather live vicariously in Trump's fantasy world, and 2) rising up to any challenge requires at least a little bit of courage and conviction.

• Plus1 2

14 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Interesting.

Asking a Trump supporter to do what Trump does.  

How exactly is that "chastising"?