challenge for trump supporters

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Yes...but I believe 100% that we are all hypocrites.  I think that is pretty much normal.

you view hypocrisy as normal?   what kind of crazy mixed up worldview is that?  i've always had a rough time keeping up with your ever changing views....now i guess i know why.   

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, commando said:

you view hypocrisy as normal?   what kind of crazy mixed up worldview is that?  i've always had a rough time keeping up with your ever changing views....now i guess i know why.   

Oh yeah, it is normal.

For instance, you probably drank before you were 21...but if you have kids you tell them "NO DRINKING UNTIL YOU ARE 21!"

You probably speed when you drive...but again if you have kids you probably tell them not to speed.  Same with checking your phone while you drive but you tell them they can't.

You probably say you are open to everyone's thoughts about things and then someone tells you they are a super vegan and only eat grass you roll your eyes.

My Dad smoked, started when he was like 13...quit 35 years later.  But if he would have saw me smoking (I don't) at 13 years old, he would have killed me.  Even though it was okay for him to do it.

You probably give friends great advice about relationships and/or finances but you probably don't follow your own advice all the time.

I used to be super against pot but now I don't care if they legalize it, I think that seems hypocritical of me.

Most of us cheer when an SEC team gets busted for cheating but we are sad/upset if the team we like gets busted for cheating.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, it is normal.

For instance, you probably drank before you were 21...but if you have kids you tell them "NO DRINKING UNTIL YOU ARE 21

i didn't tell them not to drink.  i told them about the stupid s#!t i did when i drank while underage.   3 of the 4 still don't drink even though 2 of them are out of college now

You probably speed when you drive...but again if you have kids you probably tell them not to speed.  Same with checking your phone while you drive but you tell them they can't.

when i was young i did speed.  now if i catch myself 2 miles an hour over the limit i am whoa...slow down buddy.   not sure about my kids driving habits but i was also open about the cars i wrecked while i was driving like Bo Duke.  as far there has only been 1 minor fender bender amongst all my kids

You probably say you are open to everyone's thoughts about things and then someone tells you they are a super vegan and only eat grass you roll your eyes.

i am not a vegan....but with my dietary needs i probably should be.   if they can give me a diet i can live with i might try it.  lol

My Dad smoked, started when he was like 13...quit 35 years later.  But if he would have saw me smoking (I don't) at 13 years old, he would have killed me.  Even though it was okay for him to do it.

smoking led to a spot on my lung.  scared me into quitting cold turkey that day.   i warned my kids and none of them smoke...although 1 did get caught vaping with some girls on the bus.   i blame that more on wanting to impress the girls rather than wanting to smoke.   teenage boys are kind of that way

You probably give friends great advice about relationships and/or finances but you probably don't follow your own advice all the time.

i never have given advice on those matters to my friends as i know i am no expert on those matters.

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I used to be super against pot but now I don't care if they legalize it, I think that seems hypocritical of me.

can't say much about pot.   only tried it once and didn't like it so never did it again.   again i told my kids that i thought it was stupid and shared my experience about it with them.  they may or may not smoke pot....i honestly don't know.  but have never smelled pot smoke in the house as they were growing or heard from school about them smoking it.   i don't think it needs to be criminal to smoke it....and i don't hold it against my friends who do.    i just told my kids what i thought of it and let them make their own decisions after that.

i am looking forward to the trumpers reporting back tonight how their workday went today if they accept this challenge.    maybe to make the challenge even more realistic...whenever you do 1 of those trumpy things....yell "make (insert your company name) great again".

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah, it is normal.

For instance, you probably drank before you were 21...but if you have kids you tell them "NO DRINKING UNTIL YOU ARE 21!"

Most of us cheer when an SEC team gets busted for cheating but we are sad/upset if the team we like gets busted for cheating.  

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, it's not.

You are completely and purposely misrepresenting what the conversation in the other thread was about.

No, the thread is about saying mean/offensive/rude things at work to see what happens.  Specific examples were given and then I shared more.  

To me, offensive and rude is offensive and rude.  Trying to say one is worse than the other is wrong and it is how bad behavior gets worse and worse.  Once you tolerate something bad at work it will get worse.  

Just now, teachercd said:

No, the thread is about saying mean/offensive/rude things at work to see what happens.  Specific examples were given and then I shared more.  

To me, offensive and rude is offensive and rude.  Trying to say one is worse than the other is wrong and it is how bad behavior gets worse and worse.  Once you tolerate something bad at work it will get worse.  

But, that's not what the other conversation was about.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, that's not what the other conversation was about.

I feel like it is.  I feel like it is about bad workplace behavior.  The example is coming from bad workplace behavior from the President and if it would be tolerated at your work.