challenge for trump supporters

Just now, teachercd said:

This quote is a perfect example of why it is not evil to be a hypocrite.  People need to get over the idea that it is wrong to be hypocritical and realize that it is actually smart.

But, that's not an example of being a hypocrite. Hardly any of the examples you provided would qualify as "hypocritical". 

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I feel like it is.  I feel like it is about bad workplace behavior.  The example is coming from bad workplace behavior from the President and if it would be tolerated at your work.

But, what was happening in the other thread was a co-worker telling another coworker to stop that bad behavior.  This is the part you never understood in that conversation.  

One co-worker was being a total a$$ and the other one confronted him and told him to shut up.  The person confronting the co-worker wasn't the one with bad behavior.

To tie these two threads together, that's like if someone took this challenge and then another co-worker told them to shut the F*** up.  

In your twisted way of looking at all of this, your opinion is that the person who told him to shut the F*** up, should be fired.  I don't agree.  The first person is the one who was causing the problems and it was handled and people moved on.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, what was happening in the other thread was a co-worker telling another coworker to stop that bad behavior.  This is the part you never understood in that conversation.  

One co-worker was being a total a$$ and the other one confronted him and told him to shut up.  The person confronting the co-worker wasn't the one with bad behavior.

To tie these two threads together, that's like if someone took this challenge and then another co-worker told them to shut the F*** up.  

In your twisted way of looking at all of this, your opinion is that the person who told him to shut the F*** up, should be fired.  I don't agree.  The first person is the one who was causing the problems and it was handled and people moved on.

I think this is pretty fair.  I don't agree with it all but it is fair.  

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

Yeah, but that's not usually the problem with hypocrisy.

Politically the "new" information was always available, but politicians merely shifted with the winds of public opinion. And of course even newer information -- like a Gallup Poll -- could send them backtracking to their previous opinion. 

On a personal level, we're all hypocritical all the time, because we have a lot higher standards for other people than we do ourselves, and the ability not to see it that way.

When I'm hypocritical about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior with my teenagers, it's not because I've acquired new information about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior; it's just because I'm old and they're my kids. 

This doesn't have much to do with the original Trump Challenge. I just thought I'd be hypocritical if I didn't say something. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

You just claimed if you change your mind based on learning new information, you’re a hypocrite. 

You don’t seem to understand what the word means or how to apply it. 

Look, being a hypocrite is saying one thing and doing another.  It is why "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say" is plastered all over locker rooms.

I know exactly what it means and how to apply it, the problem is people are so terrified of being a hypocrite when they don't need to be worried about it.

Parents text and drive all the time...but guess what they tell their kids?  DON'T LET ME FIND OUT YOU WERE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.  It is hypocritical.   

3 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but that's not usually the problem with hypocrisy.

Politically the "new" information was always available, but politicians merely shifted with the winds of public opinion. And of course even newer information -- like a Gallup Poll -- could send them backtracking to their previous opinion. 

On a personal level, we're all hypocritical all the time, because we have a lot higher standards for other people than we do ourselves, and the ability not to see it that way.

When I'm hypocritical about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior with my teenagers, it's not because I've acquired new information about drinking, drugs, and reckless behavior; it's just because I'm old and they're my kids. 

This doesn't have much to do with the original Trump Challenge. I just thought I'd be hypocritical if I didn't say something. 

Ha!

Thank you!  100% spot on.

I used to think old people didn't know anything!  Now I realize they are smart :)

Look, when Bama gets a recruiting violation I want them shut down the program.  When NU gets one I want the NCAA to do nothing about it.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Look, being a hypocrite is saying one thing and doing another.  It is why "What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say" is plastered all over locker rooms.

I know exactly what it means and how to apply it, the problem is people are so terrified of being a hypocrite when they don't need to be worried about it.

Parents text and drive all the time...but guess what they tell their kids?  DON'T LET ME FIND OUT YOU WERE TEXTING WHILE DRIVING.  It is hypocritical.   

You stated you changed your mind about pot and that’s hypocritical. That’s part of where my post comes from. As someone else said your examples are not all examples of being a hypocrite. There are hypocritical reasons to change your mind about pot though. 

I agree everyone is hypocritical in at least some ways, but I disagree that people shouldn’t try not to be. Especially when it comes to important s#!t. We shouldn’t hate something because someone in another political party does it and love it if someone in out party does it. That’s just moronic and playing into the hands of the stupid party you’re a member of. It makes you stupid, not smart. 

6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

You stated you changed your mind about pot and that’s hypocritical. That’s part of where my post comes from. As someone else said your examples are not all examples of being a hypocrite. There are hypocritical reasons to change your mind about pot though. 

I agree everyone is hypocritical in at least some ways, but I disagree that people shouldn’t try not to be. Especially when it comes to important s#!t. We shouldn’t hate something because someone in another political party does it and love it if someone in out party does it. That’s just moronic and playing into the hands of the stupid party you’re a member of. It makes you stupid, not smart. 

Agree and agree...I don't think think it is bad to be a hypocrite, I think it is smart.  I hate when people think it is bad to be hypocritical. 

Me drinking in HS and then growing up and realizing the dangers of what I did and tell my kids not to do it....isn't hypocritical.  It's simply me growing up and realizing how I could have hurt a lot of people doing what I did.

Republicans ranting and raving about Bill Clinton having fun with a cigar with another woman and then being perfectly fine with Trump's womanizing and treatment of women.....is hypocritical.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1