challenge for trump supporters

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It's not really a discussion thread.  It's chastising Trump supporters.....which doesn't differ from any other thread in the P&R forum.

chastising? asking them to do what they claim is fine?  i notice that no one has stepped up to the challenge.  what does that tell us?

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, commando said:

chastising? asking them to do what they claim is fine?  i notice that no one has stepped up to the challenge.  what does that tell us?

It tells us what we already know: that our society contains a contingent of cowards who, in their cold hearts, long to go back to the days when they could openly act like a$$holes to whoever was not one of them, when they could tell racist jokes, when they could flood the workplace with sexual innuendo, but now feel their own sense of being oppressed because most workplaces no longer allow them to do those things. We have workplace policies and a variety of employment law because of people like this. And they admire a president who can get away with it. They know it is not okay. But they like it anyway.

No one will step up to your challenge or anyone else's challenge because: 1) they know there are real-world consequences for this type of behavior, so they would rather live vicariously in Trump's fantasy world, and 2) rising up to any challenge requires at least a little bit of courage and conviction.

• Plus1 2

:snacks:  All of the moving :movegoalpost: has me confused as to what this thread is about.  :blink:

:backtotopic  Yes we will probably only get eye rolls from Cult of Trump members but the OP truly demonstrates Trumps lack of fitness for the job. The GOP is turning  blind eyes and deaf ears to all of this and yes they are hypocritical as @BigRedBuster noted above.  Things to consider when we vote on individual members of congress.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, TheSker said:

It's not really a discussion thread.  It's chastising Trump supporters.....which doesn't differ from any other thread in the P&R forum.

A lot of people are genuinely mystified how Trump supporters keep supporting Trump --- given the ethical standards they supposedly hold dear everywhere else in life.

It permeates every thread in the P&R forum because it defines the times we live in.

Could you be the person to break that code for us? 

Try to be brief. 

• Plus1 6
25 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A lot of people are genuinely mystified how Trump supporters keep supporting Trump --- given the ethical standards they supposedly hold dear everywhere else in life.

It permeates every thread in the P&R forum because it defines the times we live in.

Could you be the person to break that code for us? 

Try to be brief. 

I'm not a Trump supporter spokesperson, but I'd guess Trump supporters support his policies?

I'm sure Bernie Sanders is a fine fellow, but there is a contingent that is not interested in government run, taxpayer supported healthcare.  Or education.

So while it may be mystifying that Trump supporters don't regularly show up for "discussion", I'd guess it's because of this thread for example where the OP isn't about policy.

I mean let's get real, some of the talking points in the OP were before the 2016 election, and Trump was still elected.

I hope the brevity is acceptable.

• Plus1 1

Any of us would clearly be fired for saying those things at our work.  Most of us would be fired for saying much much less.  Except in a few situations that were shared.

This thread really didn't even need a "challenge" because we all know the answer.  I added more examples because the original examples are so clearly things you would be fired for and maybe end up with a record as well.  I can't imagine there is one person that thinks those 3 examples that Commando gave would result in anything other than being canned.  

I suppose if you owned your own business you could get away with it?  Maybe?

17 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm not a Trump supporter spokesperson, but I'd guess Trump supporters support his policies?

I'm sure Bernie Sanders is a fine fellow, but there is a contingent that is not interested in government run, taxpayer supported healthcare.  Or education.

So while it may be mystifying that Trump supporters don't regularly show up for "discussion", I'd guess it's because of this thread for example where the OP isn't about policy.

I mean let's get real, some of the talking points in the OP were before the 2016 election, and Trump was still elected.

so he said those things mostly during his job interview and you thought this is the guy who i want running our country?   

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Any of us would clearly be fired for saying those things at our work.  Most of us would be fired for saying much much less.  Except in a few situations that were shared.

This thread really didn't even need a "challenge" because we all know the answer.  I added more examples because the original examples are so clearly things you would be fired for and maybe end up with a record as well.  I can't imagine there is one person that thinks those 3 examples that Commando gave would result in anything other than being canned.  

I suppose if you owned your own business you could get away with it?  Maybe?

trump essentially said most of  that stuff during his job interview and still got the job.   

13 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Nah man. There's oodles of threads where we trash Trump's policy for sucking.

This thread is about how Trump supporters should have to own Trump's obvious racism and misogyny and childish behavior. That's not policy, it's personality.

If there are Trump supporters out there who reject those things and support only his policies, fine. Let them announce it loudly.

Everyone should be able to admit he's a garbage human being. But it's better for everyone if we identify those who support him for it.

• Plus1 3