challenge for trump supporters

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yeah they were on the Executive's pen level.  Free to be altered by the next man in.  China has all but announced they will gamble on Trump losing to someone weaker. NK is like trying to negotiate with an unruly teenager.  The newish NAFTA appears to have assent and Mexico somewhat cooperative.  My point is that Trump is doing what he said and going to bat instead of giving away the store 

Setting aside some next level excuse making for now...

This presumes good faith on the part of Trump and bad faith on the part of past administrations. That's not a presumption we share. Trump's slowly tightening his anchor around our economy because he's convinced rubes he's winning. He's not.

Trump's message about helping the working class was a good one. It's too bad the guy in charge of carrying it out is an idiot.

• Plus1 1

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I assume you're talking about farts. Naturally, people are ahead of their own farts.

I think he is talking about the Scorpions song.

4 hours ago, commando said:

trump didn't know that trying to negotiate with n korea was like trying to negotiate with an unruly teenager?  so he goes in and gives kim some room and kim takes it.  and trump appears ready to give kim more instead of stopping when he is already this far behind.

the newish nafta is about 95% the old nafta.  that is why no one is in a hurry to waste time ratifying it.

china was never going to negotiate with trump, all his trade war is doing is hurting american farmers , consumers, and companies.   and that is all it will ever do,   trump waddled into that mess on his own volition.

and so far the great negotiator has absolutely nothing done that requires negotiations.    he just tears down stuff and crows how he has done more than any president in history.

and saying that stuff is bad enough without mentioning his narcism, kleptocrattic ways, nepotism, and racism.   

Farmers hurt farmers...about 70 years ago...the problem is they still don't want to really farm because they don't have to farm.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Trying > Quitting

Trying in the sense he's applying completely backwards and incorrect ideas about economics and a whole bunch of snake oil and convincing rubes that s*** is ice cream?

He slapped a new coat of paint on NAFTA and is trying to convince everyone it's some amazing new thing.

What if, instead of some storybook ending at the end of the trade war with China, we both just lose? Both are economies take a hit an average Americans wind up paying more for a lot of crap we need?

American manufacturing is currently in a recession.

The yield curve has inverted, which historically has been a very strong predictor of an upcoming recession.

We never even hit 3% growth, when we were promised 5%. And the juice from the tax cuts is running out.

To top it all off, Mexico is not paying for the wall, it'll come out of our tax dollars. And my generation, and my children oh, and my children's children, will wind up paying for his inaction on climate change and his indifference to staggering debt increases for the rest of our lives.

Excuse me if I'm not bowing down to kiss the dude's ring.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yeah they were on the Executive's pen level.  Free to be altered by the next man in.  China has all but announced they will gamble on Trump losing to someone weaker. NK is like trying to negotiate with an unruly teenager.  The newish NAFTA appears to have assent and Mexico somewhat cooperative.  My point is that Trump is doing what he said and going to bat instead of giving away the store 

Gee....how about then proving you can deal with one of these before getting us out of every treaty we are in. 

The f#&%ing idiot thought this would be easy and instead, he’s been nothing but an epic failure. 

I can not imagine a bigger epic failure. But....his cult following will still worship him. 

• Plus1 2

23 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

What if, instead of some storybook ending at the end of the trade war with China, we both just lose? Both are economies take a hit an average Americans wind up paying more for a lot of crap we need?

Then we lose.  Nobody says success is guaranteed.  Plenty of smart well intentioned leaders did not have success, it's called history. 

Btw if Trump is so wrong than why have Ds stopped calling for free trade with our best buddy China?  That was their position for the past 30 years.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Then we lose.  Nobody says success is guaranteed.  Plenty of smart well intentioned leaders did not have success, it's called history. 

Btw if Trump is so wrong than why have Ds stopped calling for free trade with our best buddy China?  That was their position for the past 30 years.

what has donnie or moscow mitch ever done at the dems requests?   

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

So, we elect captain dumb a$$ when the economy had been improving and growing for 7+ years. Dumb a$$ creates a trade war and takes us out of all our trade agreements and that crashes our economy......and we just shrug it off as....oh well....nothing was guaranteed.....and you’re fine with that and you would vote for him again. 

• Plus1 3
17 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, we elect captain dumb a$$ when the economy had been improving and growing for 7+ years. Dumb a$$ creates a trade war and takes us out of all our trade agreements and that crashes our economy......and we just shrug it off as....oh well....nothing was guaranteed.....and you’re fine with that and you would vote for him again. 

We're having historical prosperity right now not just by the American economy but the human race.  (of course most of the human race would have gladly swapped their lives to live in the American economy).   But no one answered.  Do you liberal Huskers want a policy of free trade that allows China to ship us low cost goods with little to no restrictions?

• Plus1 1