challenge for trump supporters

33 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Definitely.  Freddie and Fannie were the only big firms to fail during that time and caused it all.... (since we're rewriting history).

It wasn't the 160+ in 2008 and 2009 that failed due to subprime lending practices caused by deregulation.  That could never be it.

I suddenly feel the need to watch The Big Short again.

Just now, TheSker said:

I don't consider Trump a great businessman or a great negotiator, so I don't care about these political theatrics.

But, based on other posts,  you do think he is backed by some influential people that are directing him to make some decisions that are actually good for some people.  Maybe even yourself.

Do you think those same  influential people would back another GOP candidate?  Why or why not?  

If yes?  Why does the GOP insist on putting us through the embarrassment if another candidate is capable of the same results.

If no? Why do we as Americans allow a "bought and paid for" man to run our country.

I just don't get why anyone who claims to be a reasonable adult is okay with this guy...

25 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I don't consider Trump a great businessman or a great negotiator, so I don't care about these political theatrics.

Then explain why you put so much weight on influential people supporting him?  It sure seems like you are using that as proof that he's a great business man and negotiator and why we should support him.

I noticed you didn't answer my questions on this.  Why does it matter that these "influential people" support him?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Then explain why you put so much weight on influential people supporting him?  It sure seems like you are using that as proof that he's a great business man and negotiator and why we should support him.

I noticed you didn't answer my questions on this.  Why does it matter that these "influential people" support him?

Influential people supporting him has nothing to do with Trump not being a great negotiator or businessman.

It takes money and influence to run a campaign and win the presidency.

That's why Harris on the Democratic side did the fundraiser in the Hamptons.

I'm not trying to tell you or anyone else who to support.  To each their own.

I'm saying i wouldn't sell Trump short about having influence and funding behind him.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, funhusker said:

But, based on other posts,  you do think he is backed by some influential people that are directing him to make some decisions that are actually good for some people.  Maybe even yourself.

Do you think those same  influential people would back another GOP candidate?  Why or why not?  

If yes?  Why does the GOP insist on putting us through the embarrassment if another candidate is capable of the same results.

If no? Why do we as Americans allow a "bought and paid for" man to run our country.

I just don't get why anyone who claims to be a reasonable adult is okay with this guy...

I do not think there is another available GOP candidate.  Romney would be the closest at a far, far distance.

And no, I'm not even close to being a person of influence.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Influential people supporting him has nothing to do with Trump not being a great negotiator or businessman.

It takes money and influence to run a campaign and win the presidency.

That's why Harris on the Democratic side did the fundraiser in the Hamptons.

I'm not trying to tell you or anyone else who to support.  To each their own.

I'm saying i wouldn't sell Trump short about having influence and funding behind him.

OK, because your previous posts made it look like you supported Trump because he had "influential people" who supported him.

That's not what you were getting at?

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I do not think there is another available GOP candidate.  Romney would be the closest at a far, far distance.

And no, I'm not even close to being a person of influence.

Bill Weld.  But the GOP won't even acknowledge his candidacy.

This is a general question for everyone, GOP or not: why???

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

OK, because your previous posts made it look like you supported Trump because he had "influential people" who supported him.

That's not what you were getting at?

Nope.

The question gets asked who would support this guy??

The answer is a lot of people, including some very influential and wealthy names.  These people aren't vocal about their politics.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, TheSker said:

The answer is a lot of people, including some very influential and wealthy names.  These people aren't vocal about their politics.

It's an answer, it's just not a good answer.

Lots of people supported Hitler, too. Influential ones at that.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/20/2019 at 10:30 AM, BlitzFirst said:

Definitely.  Freddie and Fannie were the only big firms to fail during that time and caused it all.... (since we're rewriting history).

It wasn't the 160+ in 2008 and 2009 that failed due to subprime lending practices caused by deregulation.  That could never be it.

You're equating those two with a private investment firm?

• Plus1 1