challenge for trump supporters

5 minutes ago, commando said:

so he said those things mostly during his job interview and you thought this is the guy who i want running our country?   

Those were not my thoughts and I can offer no insight into the thoughts of the electoral college.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, because eventually someone is going to sue you for an EEOC violation.

i wonder who is going to sue trump for that chit?   he has appointed so many yes men all over the government that he could stage a coup and remain president for life right now.   he controls the WH, the senate with moscow mitch, the judiciary, and now the AG is a trump minion.   our only hope is that the military would step in to stop him if he tried, but who is leading the military?   his appointed "acting" appointments who have not been confirmed by anyone other than trump.   

2 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Those were not my thoughts and I can offer no insight into the thoughts of the electoral college.

the electoral college has no thoughts on it.  they are bound by certain rules...and those rules mean trump lost by a lot of votes...but won the election.  god help us.

2 minutes ago, commando said:

the electoral college has no thoughts on it.  they are bound by certain rules...and those rules mean trump lost by a lot of votes...but won the election.  god help us.

.....which is a reason I spend little time obsessing over Trump.

There is a system in place and he won.

Let's see what happens in 2020.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

What's the next step after they are identified? 

We can do what I do whenever I see someone in a MAGA hat: Ignore them.

It would help to better understand what the OTHER group of Trump supporters - those who DON'T support him because of his behavior - support politically, though.

39 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm not a Trump supporter spokesperson, but I'd guess Trump supporters support his policies?

I'm sure Bernie Sanders is a fine fellow, but there is a contingent that is not interested in government run, taxpayer supported healthcare.  Or education.

So while it may be mystifying that Trump supporters don't regularly show up for "discussion", I'd guess it's because of this thread for example where the OP isn't about policy.

I mean let's get real, some of the talking points in the OP were before the 2016 election, and Trump was still elected.

I hope the brevity is acceptable.

I mean, if they only supported his policies, then surely they wouldn't have been cheering at his offensive remarks, chanting "Lock her up" and "Send them back" or yelling to shoot at illegals crossing the border.

• Plus1 4

6 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

I mean, if they only supported his policies, then surely they wouldn't have been cheering at his offensive remarks, chanting "Lock her up" and "Send them back" or yelling to shoot at illegals crossing the border.

I would give those events the same credibility I would a WWF match.

And we can add to the OP all of Trump's racist tweets

Last week Congressman Cummings and today Al Sharpton (who I don't particularly care for  because he is a very partisan guy too- does that make me hypocritical) and the week before the 4 congresswomen of color.  The guy is racist through and through and it has really been coming out even more.  Maybe he is trying to play to his base of supporters - the alt right.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-calls-al-sharpton-a-conman-who-hates-whites-cops-131351275.html

5 minutes ago, commando said:

in person they are wearing red hats and talking s#!t about the dems, libs, rinos, and the Lügenpresse

I'm pushing 50 years of existence on this earth and I've literally had 0 political confrontations in my lifetime.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm pushing 50 years of existence on this earth and I've literally had 0 political confrontations in my lifetime.

try saying that you disagree with anything trump does in a public place in nebraska.    you will have a confrontation.  the trumpers get angry if you disagree with anything trump does.   you can support him 99%....but that 1% makes you a rino worth shaming.

and it didn't always have to be a confrontion to talk about politics.  fox and friends and rush have done a great job of stirring up the anger.

• Plus1 1