On 7/29/2019 at 2:38 PM, Young Grand Island Husker said:

While there hasn’t been any contact from colleges yet on the recruiting front, Clemmons Sr. said his son was starting to get courted by high-profile prep schools around the region.

The plan right now, though, is for Clemmons Jr. to stay in Lincoln and make the varsity squad at North Star as a freshman. Assuming that happens, he’ll have yet another Husker connection as a teammate of 2020 NU commit Donovan Williams.

Clemmons Jr. said the four-star Rivals150 Williams had already started to take him under his wing, offering up advice and support to help follow his path to becoming a Division-I player. They haven’t played in a real game together, but Williams said Clemmons Jr.’s potential was undeniable.

Clemmons Jr.'s recruitment process hasn’t begun, but that’s probably going to change fairly soon, especially if he ends up joining the Bradley Beal Elite AAU program next year on the Nike EYBL circuit. His play at the CP3 camp already made him a name to follow nationally, and Nebraska’s coaching staff already has him on their 2023 radar.

For a self-described life-long Husker fan, that’s a pretty big deal.

“Since I was born,” Clemmons Jr. said of how long he’d been rooting for Nebraska basketball. “As soon as I knew what basketball was, knowing that my dad played for them and it being where I’m from and growing up around it, I’ve been a fan all my life…

“It’s always been a dream of mine to be able to play there.”

• Plus1 2
  • seaofred92 pinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Mavric changed the title to 2023 Recruiting Notes
  • 3 months later...

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...